“Grreat place for a celebration” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dirty Dan Harris'

Dirty Dan Harris'
Ranked #45 of 392 Restaurants in Bellingham
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Blaine, WA
“Grreat place for a celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My friend who just turned 100 years young was treated to a pre and a post birthday dinner there. She was treated like a queen! A very memorable experience for all of us. Great food, very good service, intimate setting.

Visited April 2013

Agassiz, Canada
“A bit underwhelming”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Overall the building looks great and is inviting and the reception we received when we entered was good and the service was certainly adequate.

The issue was although ambience was fine the food was less than adequate I had the lobster macaroni and my wife had the tenderloin tips meatloaf.

My meal was dry and un-edible and the meatloaf tasted like it had been dragged around the floor of the kitchen, i thought it had a funny taste, my wife thought it was the spices.

My wife was sick from 7:00 am Sunday until late on Sunday evening, she was sick to her stomach several times throughout the day.

I think you might be ok if you went with a full steak as opposed to meat ends. We will not go back. (we drank only water with dinner)

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“A Haven in Fairhaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Looking at colleges in Washington state, someone told us that the local Indian casino had the best steaks at low prices, so we ventured off. After pushing through the smoke-filled game room, we found thirty rowdy people at a long table in the dining room, and a menu offering steaks from thirty to fifty dollars. Then Willie recalled seeing Dirty Dan's earlier, and we escaped the overpriced casino.

A very gracious hostess seated us at Dan's, and, when I asked about wines, she suggested two. She brought a sample glass of each - try the Zin. Willie said his New York steak was perfectly medium rare, My penne tutto mare was very tasty, as well. Our thoughtful hostess brought Willie a copy of the campus newspaper because we had mentioned we were visiting Western Washington U. the next day. Soothing background music, low lights, perfect steakhouse.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“MUST SEE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I loved this restaurant! I wanted to visit here on one of my past visits but never made it. I made sure to visit this time, and I am glad I did. This restaurant is located in the Historic Fairhaven District, and a wonderful place to explore. The food was excellent and the staff was wonderful. I will definitely go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, BC
“Police Threat!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have never been to a restaurant in my life that I have been threaten to have the police called on me because I told them I didn't think their food should be served to me in a dish that had a black cracked dish. Yes I ate from the end that didn't have the crack but when I saw it that was it. I showed it to the waitress she said she'd get the manager. This lady showed up at our table saying she had been told I had pictures and was going to call the health department and that if this was my attitude she was calling the police.....I said please do....my friend said no that was not said to her employees???? She stormed away......she stormed back and said I'll comp your meal...I said fine, but you do know we had to send back part of our calamari (we were sharing) back to have it cooked.....her reply "I suppose you want that free also" I was still waiting for the Police!!
I asked to see the gentleman who had been there when we were first seated in the restaurat. He had come over to our table and we spoke while he was adjusting the blinds. I was told he was gone....my guess he is the owner....How unfortunate for him to have such a nasty manager......as we were leaving the table (couldn't wait any long for the police as promised) she said don't ever come back.
Yikes!!! I'm sure Jail House Food would have been better....yuke!!!

• Visited March 2013