“Really Good..Again!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #147 of 389 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Portland, Oregon
“Really Good..Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have learned to GO EARLY. Though they do take reservations, we went on a Friday night, which can be, well, "busy", if you go at a "fashionable" dinner hour. We went at 5 p.m. and had a wonderful time (again).

The food is prepared to order by somebody who knows what he/she is doing. It doesn't come quickly, but the full bar and chips/salsa and appetizer menu will keep you from getting bored. Actually, we chose an item that we were told would take sometime to prepare...and it was worth the wait.

We live in Portland, OR, but come, regularly, to Bellingham. We PREFER to eat at Dos Padres when we're in town, usually with friends. The food isn't "hot" (too bad, in my opinion!) but can be made spicier upon request (still not hot enough for me...only complaint!). Overall quality is very good, service is excellent, and, well, we'll attend again next time in Bellingham.

Visited July 2013

Vancouver, Bc
“An old-time favourite in Fairhaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I hadn't been to Dos Padres in years, so it was fun to visit again. The service and food were both excellent and not just traditional Mexican food. I would have enjoyed a few margaritas but was driving so had to take a pass this time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This family-owned Mexican restaurant has been open for over 40 years, and we're not surprised. The decor is traditional and comforting, the menu extensive, the sauces and dishes like chiles rellenos made fresh in the kitchen (killer salsa!), and the waitstaff friendly and accommodating. I had the rellenos, which had the fluffiest batter I have ever experienced, and my family had burritos. They were all great. We will go back for lunch when we're back in Bellingham again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
canada
“Great Meal-Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped on our way to Vancouver. The service was fast and very friendly. The server was fabulous and spent time chatting and telling us about the place.

The food was great and we enjoyed it immensely. Will return anytime we are driving by.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steilacoom, Washington
“40 Years of Experience in Fairhaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we had to choose between the "new" Mexican Restaurant in town or "Dos Padres" we went for the experience. Very traditional decor and delicious food. My husband loves Chile Rellenos that are fluffy and light. My favorite is the Cheese and Onion Enchilada with traditional red sauce and lots of cheese. I ordered a combination plate that included a Tostada and my meal was fresh, hot, and delicious. I tasted a hint of cinnamon in the shredded beef. Our friends ordered Margaritas with dinner and my husband ordered Scotch Ale from the local brewer. Our server was friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the local view from our window table. With many restaurants to choose from we were very satisfied with our choice.

Visited May 2013