“fresh yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Denton, Texas
“fresh yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Nice view at sunset. Friendly service. Try the wonderful whiskey crab soup for sure. The sampler seafood appetizer very good. Entrees so so

• Visited June 2014

Blaine, Washington
“Dinner with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is one of Bellingham Washington's hidden little secrets nestled on a hillside between houses in a residential neighborhood if some one did not tell you it was there you would drive right by it

Small elegant with a view of the port of Bellingham very nice atmosphere!

Try the Lobster or crab Bisk or devil on horseback you cant go wrong here

I've managed to get in a few times with out reservations but I recommend you call ahead and make reservations it does pack up.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine, Washington
“Beautiful setting on the deck for happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Cliff House has a great view of Bellingham harbor from the deck. We enjoyed Happy Hour (4:30 - 6:30 & all day Sunday). They offer a variety of appetizers: oysters (fresh) & fried - delicious. Prawns with coconut were also tasty with a dipping sauce. Crab, artichoke & shrimp dip was also good. We were disappointed in the fish tacos as the fish was NOT fresh.
Comfortable bar area indoors also.

A surprise was that the restrooms were down a flight of 16 steps - a challenge to some elderly folks.

It was relaxing - did not stay for dinner.

• Visited April 2014
White Rock, Canada
“worst steak ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I went to the Cliff House with another couple. We started off with the whiskey chowder soup and a caesar salad. The soup was excellent and the salad was better than average. I kept saying why haven't we tried this place before. I then ordered a New York steak and my wife ordered halibut. Our friends who recommended this place also ordered. My steak was probably the worst I had ever had and my wifes halibut was overcooked and dried out. I would only recommend going there and sitting in the lounge enjoying the view and having a prawn cocktail , the whiskey chowder soup and a salad.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“As good as years ago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

It was our anniversary and we were deciding where to go. We have history in many restaurants near home. Decided to try the Cliff House again We had been there for drinks and appetizers a few times this year and were not thrilled with the service. Nothing sours a dining experience no matter how sweet the view is than a surly wait person!!
This evening we had a very pleasant experience. The salad was great and the whiskey crab soup as good as I remembered. They served a white bred instead of the delightful brown bread from years past so that was disappointing. My husband;s steak was done perfectly. My chicken covered in crab and bernaise sauce was amazing. A fair amount of crab and the sauce was light. The dessert was ok. Peanut butter pie. Our waitress was lovely and the service was great.
Good to see that this place still has charm and is still special enough for an important evening.

• Visited December 2013