“Little gem in a beautiful setting!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Emmett, Idaho
“Little gem in a beautiful setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Skylarks Hidden Cafe is located in the Fairhaven area of Bellingham, Washington. I first found this eatery during the summer and sat outside on a sunny Sunday afternoon on their patio. Our group had a great time and left feeling satisfied with our meals. Wait staff is good and meals are hot and tasty. Tip - have the seafood chowder. It is one of the best in the Northwest. You will not be disappointed. Try Skylark's - it has a great indoor atmosphere, too.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Cozy, friendly, tasty: definitely will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Wandering around Fairhaven on a Sunday afternoon we decided to try a new spot for lunch and Skylarks looked inviting. It's actually much bigger than it seems from the outside as it is long and narrow with a "garden room" in the back worth checking out. The room has a high (18'?) ceiling and an 1880s decor. Both the hostess & waitress were friendly and we got a great table in the window. I had the chowder & salad combo with a glass of wine; my companion had the chicken salad and wine. The soup was excellent, the salads fresh, plentiful,cexcellent dressings and served with a basket of French bread and butter. With taxes and tips it was $40 which given that we had wine was good value. Absolutely will be back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Alpine, California
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I chose Skylarks for my last dinner while visiting my girlfriend. My expectations were pretty high and I was looking forward to great seafood. I decided on the salmon and my friend had a New York steak. My salmon was very dry and overcooked and my friend's steak was not very tender. I asked the waitress for some sauce for the salmon and she brought me a small bowl of herb butter. This helped a little. She felt bad and offered us a complimentary dessert. I thought that was very sweet of her. We took her up on it...it was a delicious coconut mousse with pralines. The setting was nice and the service was good. Such a shame to overcook a nice piece of salmon.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
calhoun, GA
“Chowder, Caesar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My favorite light lunch would be a Caesar and soup. It just so happens to be one of the best combos you can get here. I wish I were in town to try out a cocktail and jazz when they have that going, but I will take what I can get since I only visit the area a couple times a year.

This is a great spot.

Visited September 2013
Burlington, Washington
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went here a couple of weeks ago with our friends from CA. We sat outside it was a beautiful day, they have a quaint little outside patio. The food was excellent! Everyone enjoyed what they ordered, One of our friend needs to eat gluten free, and they had gluten free bread for her, she was delighted. This place is a hidden gem!

• Visited August 2013