“relief and relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 26 Activities in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“relief and relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Following a really difficult week filled with sadness, anger, and anxiety, I found myself unable to concentrate during the day and difficulty falling asleep at night. I called Afloat to set up an appointment w/ hope of finding some mental and emotional relief.

Upon arriving, Dan at Afloat was very welcoming and accommodating. He answered all of my questions clearly and then set me up for a 1-hour float.

After I got into the tank, shut the door, and turned off the light, I relaxed back into the silky warm salt water to leave the effects of gravity behind. Physically, I could feel the muscles I'd been holding so much tension in slowly and completely release. Mentally, I observed the thoughts that had been haunting me from a new perspective that allowed me to release them aside.

When I got out, I felt a calming rejuvenation I hadn't felt in a long time. I was able to drift asleep that night with ease once again. While nothing can provide a complete fix in one session, floating is something that's also a cumulative process to get the full effect. As such, I will be coming back on a regular basis. There hasn't been any other modality that provides such a positive change for me in individual sessions that floating provides - both physically and mentally.

Visited October 2013

“Floating is a wonderfully quiet, serene, peaceful, and ultimately relaxing experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My float here was the easiest, most convenient, and healthy way to bring mindfulness that is lasting for weeks. Just the memory of my float brings me relaxation.

Visited March 2013