“Food that matches the view!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Richmond, VA
“Food that matches the view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had dinner with friends here on a perfect August sunset evening. The staff snuck us in quickly on the deck because we had a teenager with us and we couldn't be seated in the bar area. I had the rocket and strawberry salad and the pasta primavera. The food was superb. We all split a beignet dessert with delicious dipping sauces -- fabulous. The chef made his rounds and really talked with us rather than a simple hello.. Start to finish it was a class act. Breakfast the next day (we were staying at the Chrysalis) was also quite wonderful, and again the service was exceptional. Can't wait to return on our next visit to Bellingham.

Visited August 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Food made me very ill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have waited a few weeks before writing this review as I wrote the hotel and restaurant management about this and wanted to give them a chance to respond, but got no reply.

I was very excited to try out Keenan's, a new restaurant in town. I had part of an appetizer & dessert, a salad and the BBQ chicken main course. I don't think the former were the culprits, as I shared them with the others with me, and they didn't get sick. I think it was the latter (which didn't taste good when I ate it, either--I think it may have been the sauce rather than the meat that was bad). About four hours after eating, I was violently, and very unpleasantly, sick to my stomach for about four hours in the middle of the night. Especially a bummer as I had to get up and work early in the morning (when I was dehydrated and a bit weak, but fine).

I don't think I will be going back or sending anyone to this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, helpful service, awesome view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had dinner and breakfast. Dinner was amazing for all of us. My seared scallops with summer vegetable risotto was five out of five. The scallops were perfectly cooked -- always a great test. The cocktail -- whose name I forget but included tequila, cointreau, grapefruit and lime was lovely -- not too sweet, not too boozy. My sweetheart had a special blackened salmon -- also awesome (I kept stealing bites it was so good). My son had barbecue chicken that was tender and super flavourful -- he even ate all the vegetables, including the purple cauliflower! For dessert, we ended up sharing beignets with three dipping sauces. Initially, we were going to order two, but the waitress said it was a pretty big serving and we'd probably be good with one. That honesty earned her a bigger tip. Breakfast was also super yum. Tanya, who served us, was very personable, efficient and helpful. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“New favorite, will definitely return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wow, this place is amazing. Visited this restaurant on vacation in the Bellingham area, and found a gem. We sat outside and with a view of the water and pier while enjoying our seafood. My mom's seared scallops on risotto was obscenely delicious, and my salmon was some of the best I've ever had- the salmon was cooked to perfection and not at all dry. We also got salads, and I have to recommend the mixed greens with goat cheese "crouton". I'm not sure what I was expecting from the description, but a little round of breaded and fried cheese was the best kind of surprise. I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower, but I'm glad I didn't substitute my broccolini and rainbow cauliflower- it was cooked perfectly, lightly seasoned, and so yummy. Crème brûlée was a good dessert to share- nice small size and mildly sweet. Service was also great- our waiter went above and beyond.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Beautiful patio overlooking Bellingham Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great and friendly service, very attentive and helpful with suggestions.
Seafood chowder was nice, small portion though, so have as a starter not a meal.
Shared the heirloom cauliflower and broccolini side dish - good but nothing special.
Wine suggestion was spot on - delicious and chilled, our waitress also brought a chill bucket.
A very nice evening - again go for the sunset overlooking the bay!

• Visited July 2013