“Great food, great service and great value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Vancouver
“Great food, great service and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had dinner and breakfast there and thought both were great! The service was really great. Both waitresses were very friendly and relaxed. We sat inside for both breakfast and dinner but outside would have been nice too. We sat along the window and they have binoculars for each table which is nice given this location looks over the bay. Only area for improvement was that they new it was my husbands birthday and didn't offer him a complimentary dessert. Realistically we wre full anyway but a sparkler just would have added to the experience.

blaine,wa
“My new favorite restaurant in Bellingham!!!! With outside seating and kids welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is my new Favorite Restaurant! Move over Fork at Agate Bay! You have competition! What a great way to celebrate a wedding anniversary! The food could not be any better! The mussels are amazing and so was the skirt steak with crab! Loved the patio seating off of the dining room. Only complaint is that the seating outside not in front of the dining room is only for happy hour. Why? Why not serve your full menu there too? Does not make sense that people can only order food there from 3pm-6pm and then no food service. That's stupid. Also, I had printed out the online happy bar menu only to find out that they left lots of food off of it! The happy hour menu they give you only has a few things. Why? And why don't all the tables outside not under cover have umbrellas? On the positive side I cannot think of a better restaurant to spend your hard earned money at and gets fantastic seafood! Thank you so much!

New York, NY
“Second visit and would go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

In May I was in Bellingham with friends who introduced me to this terrific restaurant and, then, five weeks later, I had occasion to be back, this time with my wife. The first visit was not a fluke! Once again, I had an excellent dinner -- and when my wife was served fish that was over-cooked and served with the wrong vegetable (there was a mix-up in the kitchen) they took it back without hesitation and "hit a homerun" on the second try but, because of the inconvenience, they refused to charge her for her meal! The setting provides a great view of Bellingham Bay and the staff is exceptionally friendly and eager to please (obviously). No hesitation in giving them high marks!

• Visited June 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous breakfast and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Chrysalis and had breakfast at Keenan's during our stay. The food was delicious! We ordered the garden omelette and the scone and fruit plate. The omelette had a wonderful blend of flavors using fresh veggies. The red potatoes were also spiced just right. The scone was the best I have ever had! The texture was moist with a crisp outer layer. I was surprised by the grated coconut, which added a nice mild flavor. The plate also included a wonderful variety of berries, melon, and pineapple. Our server was friendly and accommodating as well as the additional staff. One of the kitchen staff personally came over to ask if my husband wanted toast with his breakfast. I highly recommend Keenan's at the Pier.

Bellingham, Washington
“My new favorite restaurant in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

So far I've had a couple of lunches, a few happy hours, and a few dinners here. Haven't tried breakfast. Yet.

The location is probably what draws the most people here. On a nice day or evening the outdoor dining location is fantastic. Except for the occasional train passing by. Indoors is nice as well, and they've expanded the bar area for a nice casual happy hour environment.

All in all the food here is very good. A few of the happy hour items weren't great, but they weren't bad, just not something I would order again. Happy hour is a great time to sample a few of the different appetizers and somewhat lower prices. Drinks are good and they have a nice selection of wines by the glass. All of the entrees I've had have been very good, and their fresh fish preparation is particularly nice. Not all menu items are available all nights, so you might call ahead to make sure if you're craving a particular dish. Service is good in general. A couple of times we've had the wait person come back telling us something isn't available, so there does seem to be a little bit of a disconnect with the kitchen at times.

Lunch and happy hour are quite reasonable in price. Dinner can get a little expensive, with some of the entrees around $30. But unfortunately over the years the fine dining scene in Bellingham has dwindled, and I think we're fortunate to have a place like this in town. As the summer warms up I'll definitely be spending more time here. The previous restaurant in this location was Fino, and while being good, I don't feel it was as good as Keenan's. If you haven't tried it yet, wait for a nice evening and come and enjoy the sunset and a few drinks and appetizers. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013