“Fabulous breakfast and wonderful service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Fabulous breakfast and wonderful service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Chrysalis and had breakfast at Keenan's during our stay. The food was delicious! We ordered the garden omelette and the scone and fruit plate. The omelette had a wonderful blend of flavors using fresh veggies. The red potatoes were also spiced just right. The scone was the best I have ever had! The texture was moist with a crisp outer layer. I was surprised by the grated coconut, which added a nice mild flavor. The plate also included a wonderful variety of berries, melon, and pineapple. Our server was friendly and accommodating as well as the additional staff. One of the kitchen staff personally came over to ask if my husband wanted toast with his breakfast. I highly recommend Keenan's at the Pier.

• Visited July 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“My new favorite restaurant in Bellingham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

So far I've had a couple of lunches, a few happy hours, and a few dinners here. Haven't tried breakfast. Yet.

The location is probably what draws the most people here. On a nice day or evening the outdoor dining location is fantastic. Except for the occasional train passing by. Indoors is nice as well, and they've expanded the bar area for a nice casual happy hour environment.

All in all the food here is very good. A few of the happy hour items weren't great, but they weren't bad, just not something I would order again. Happy hour is a great time to sample a few of the different appetizers and somewhat lower prices. Drinks are good and they have a nice selection of wines by the glass. All of the entrees I've had have been very good, and their fresh fish preparation is particularly nice. Not all menu items are available all nights, so you might call ahead to make sure if you're craving a particular dish. Service is good in general. A couple of times we've had the wait person come back telling us something isn't available, so there does seem to be a little bit of a disconnect with the kitchen at times.

Lunch and happy hour are quite reasonable in price. Dinner can get a little expensive, with some of the entrees around $30. But unfortunately over the years the fine dining scene in Bellingham has dwindled, and I think we're fortunate to have a place like this in town. As the summer warms up I'll definitely be spending more time here. The previous restaurant in this location was Fino, and while being good, I don't feel it was as good as Keenan's. If you haven't tried it yet, wait for a nice evening and come and enjoy the sunset and a few drinks and appetizers. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, Canada
“A nice view and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I spent a night at the chrysalis inn which is the attached hotel/spa. We enjoyed some wonderful beverages on the patio with a couple items from the menu after we checked inn. The food was good, as were the drinks. The service however was great. A big thank you to our server Roger. He was friendly and engaging. We also went back for breakfast. We both really enjoyed our breakfasts. Timely service and our food came quickly (this is something I really appreciate at breakfast as I do not want to sit there all day). Again the food was great and we were very pleased with both of our experiences at Keenan's. Only improvement would be staying open later. My wife and I came back to the hotel for dessert and for a few more drinks but found the restaurant closed at 9pm.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, VA
“A welcome new addition to Bellingham dining options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Our party of four had a splendid dinner here. Despite a busy Saturday evening crowd, the servers and the chef were attentive, friendly, and eager to please.

Salads were quite large and clearly very fresh from the garden; the accompanying strawberries or candied walnuts and warm goat cheese were terrific accents. Sockeye salmon and scallops were perfectly cooked and presented well on spring risotto or on a generous bed of green vegetables: broccolini, asparagus and cauliflower. The Thai seafood stew had a deep rich flavor with several plump mussels and clams, but not with much fish; served with white rice, it was still quite filling. Creme brules were perfectly cooked: not too sweet and with a pleasant ginger flavor.

A delightful meal in beautiful setting overlooking the sparkllng water of the bay. We look forward to future visits to Keenan's.

Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I just had the most delicious dinner at Keenan's! The food is healthy, local and quality. We both had salmon, perfectly cooked. Our salads were unique and fresh. The fried goat cheese on the green salad melted in your mouth! The desserts are made in house.
Our waitress was attentive, friendly, and sweet.
The only two negatives are: its pricey. And the restaurant was freezing cold.
Make a reservation.