“Went for the sandwiches - they were out at 12:15 PM” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #278 of 394 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Ferndale, Washington
“Went for the sandwiches - they were out at 12:15 PM”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I tried a couple of different "favorites" for lunch on Labor Day, but both were closed. I happened to notice that Jimmy's was open. I had been meaning to try it, as much as anything else to see what a Vietnamese sandwich was. I got there around a quarter after noon. He was serving the very last sandwich he had for the day to the customer right before me. So - they're out of sandwiches at a sandwich place at noon?

Wound up getting a noodle bowl, which was pretty good, and a mango salad, which was - um, interesting. I guess I'll try them one more time to see if the sandwiches are good, but I wouldn't go back otherwise.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham, Washington
“Tasty sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Finally made it down to Jimmy's for a sandwich. Love Bahn Mi sandwiches and the place is open only in the summer. Got the chicken sandwich. The bread was great! The fillings were refreshing and tasty. I would have liked a little more filling, especially the veggies. Would also be nice if the veggies were julienned. My husband had the sandwich with a mix of different meat. He liked it. They have a nice selection of bottled beers. It would also be nice if they offered a little lagniappe specialty on the side, even if just a few chips. Outdoor seating is great when the weather is nice. Very open and airy atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
blaine,wa
“Yuck! This place is horrible! I want my $ back! Please close down!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Not sure who is writing the wonderful reviews posted. Has to be friends and/or family of the owner. The Banh Mi Sandwiches we had were horrible! We tried the Chicken Banh Mi and the Traditional. One bite out of each and we threw both sandwiches away. Not our first time either eating Banh Mi Sandwiches. Just horrible and an embarrassment to our community. Stick to your "spa" nail shop you own next door. Leave the food business to people who know what their doing ie; The Soy House in Bellingham.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Jimmy's Vietnamese Sandwich Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jimmy's Vietnamese Sandwich Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.