“A step back in time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spark Museum of Electrical Invention

Spark Museum of Electrical Invention
1312 Bay St, Bellingham, WA (Formerly American Museum of Radio and Electricity)
+1 360-788-3886
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 27 Attractions in Bellingham
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spark Museum of Electrical Invention offers an exciting and educational experience for audiences of all ages. Compelling, interactive exhibits spanning four centuries of scientific achievement and cultural heritage are featured in a world-class collection of unique objects including the giant "MegaZapper" Tesla Coil which produces nine-foot lightning bolts! The Spark Museum displays the inventions and innovations that changed the course of human history.
Vancouver, Canada
“A step back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

A friend and I visited here on a weekend trip and it was great! Jim walked us through the whole museum showing us fascinating machines and giving us information about history that are best told rather than read. There was lots to see and hands on sections that were a lot of fun. Great value and a must see for Bellingham. Also, they air old time radio on 102.3 KMRE radio right from the museum.
We will come back and watch the spark show only played on Saturdays and Sunday.
Ps we are not old.

Visited March 2013

Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
“Mad scientist mecca!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Alright, I have to admit, you dont actually have to be a mad scientist to enjoy this place. This fully interactive hands-on museum will delight everyone of all ages. We spent a good four hours and could have spent more. My advice is to take advantage of everything the musuem has to offer, make a day of it and don't rush. Make sure you sign up for the workshop, and megazapper show' you wont be dissapointed. Places like this are very rare, so savour your experience, ask the staff questions and they will amaze you with their knowledge and delight you with cool demonstrations. If you go, dont be shy! I would suggest going a few hours before the show, so that you have a chance to explore before it gets busy.

Visited February 2013
6 attraction reviews
“You don't have to be a genius to enjoy this great museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I went to visit this little museum in Bellingham and had a great time. Make sure you take time to see the electrical show with the Tesla coil. Very cool and the volunteers there are great!

Auburn, WA
3 attraction reviews
“Go Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

It's fun and there are many interesting and beautiful pieces of electricity's history. We wish we could have gotten into the Faraday cage, but that only happens on weekends--so we'll have to come back.

Victoria, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Bigger than it looks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'm in the electrical industry, so I'm biased, but I thought this was a great attraction. The collections of old radios and TVs brought back memories of my childhood - I guess I'm getting old. Much of the museum is static displays, so it may not appeal to kids, but the volunteer docents were great at showing off the exhibits. Like any museum, there were "please don't touch" signs, but I was impressed at the number of "touching OK" displays.
I was quite taken by the gramophones and how they filled the room with sound.
Overall, a pleasant way to spend a rainy afternoon