“Beer? Yes, but the food is fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #72 of 383 restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: British
Description: Shows up on Yelp and other food review/info sites. An English-style tavern located in the historic Fairhaven district of Bellingham, WA.
Bellingham, Washington
“Beer? Yes, but the food is fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

OK, this is an Ale House so be prepared for loud and crowded. It really is a Bellingham gem. It's "down stairs" in Fairhaven, so you have to look for it. The food is fresh, delicious and worth any wait. If the trout (stuffed) is on the menu, get it! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Visited August 2013

76% Recommend
WA & HI
“Cheers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place reminded me of the great neighborhood Cheers.....for those of you that remember the show. This place was fun and cozy and had a great neighborhood feel to it. A place where you could just hang out and meet friends and have a good time. The food/brews/desserts were excellent. The servers were awesome! Fun & friendly. Give this place a try! Its downstairs......

Visited September 2013
Bonita
“A surprising authentic pub in Fairhaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First off, you go into a basement- loved it. Then, the selection of ales was better than we expected. The first night we actually had a Fullers. However, then they changed to a local selection. But, there were some great options. We had some happy hour snacks and enjoyed the quality and taste. We were there in Bellingham 2 nights and were there both nights. If we lived here it would be our local.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Orchard, Washington
“Gets Busy on Sunday Night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Walked in just before Trivia Night started on Sunday at 7pm. Place was packed and noisy, but fun and it seems like a lot of people were doing well and winning beers at trivia. I agree the prices are a bit on the expensive side but the service was good and the food exceptional. I'd probably enjoy going there on a more calmer evening, like a week night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellingham, Washington
“Salmon You Won't Want to Share !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Before leaving Archers, I personally told the chefs, " I'm 50 years old, a native
of Bellingham and have tasted plenty of salmon in my life. Theirs is the BEST I have ever
had!" It is pistachio crusted and is moist, flavorful and unique. Out of the goodness of my
heart, I let the others in my party each try a bite. Though they each liked what they ordered,
they loved mine. My friends promised they're ordering their own salmon next time. It's only
fair that I get to take a bite of each of theirs!!

• Visited July 2013