“Top Notch!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Top Notch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at Viewmont Manor for one night with my daughter - so glad we booked here! Betty is just lovely and makes you feel so welcome. Her home is beautiful, with all the perfect touches for guests. Our room was charming, many windows and little patio facing the back garden/patio. Fresh scones and thermos of coffee await in the morning outside your room, then a beautiful breakfast later downstairs. Save your appetite! Betty also is a great travel guide, always so willing to help out. We enjoyed the beautiful sunset from upstairs while relaxing in the library area. Will pass on this gem to my friends for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed you and your daughter. Such a lovely relationship you two share. Come back with your husband when you are missing your daughter away at college...although I'll bet he's not quite the shopper your daughter is! Thanks for the nice review. Betty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Getting away from everything for a few relaxing days was worth it. Staying at Viewmont Manor definitely helped. My wife and I stayed August 11th and 12th. The weather was perfect-mid to upper 70's-which was a change compared to where we live where it has been in the low to mid 90's for the past month and half. The view out the front to see and smell the ocean to the back yard with the amazing gardens to the excellent breakfasts to the comfortable rooms was what was needed to decompress from the day to day stress. Betty also gave us very good suggestions as to where to have dinner out as well as things to do and see. We spent one late afternoon/early evening relaxing in the back yard sipping wine and enjoying the sunny weather and the beautiful gardens. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I was so glad you two made it to Bellingham for a well-deserved rest and recreation...I hope your puppy survived your absence. And I am especially glad your dear wife waited all those years for you. You are a sweet, sweet couple!
Mill Valley ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Viewmont Manor was the perfect place for my son and I to stay when we visited the campus of Western Washington University. Ideally located in a quiet area but close to everything and more economical than many of the hotel options I looked into. On top of that, Betty and her home are inviting and the environment comfortable and relaxing. The garden outside and the sitting area upstairs were perfect places to relax and read the two books I found in her library and managed to finish in two days! Breakfast was elaborate and delicious.The room was wonderful. I can't imagiine staying anywhere else!
Bridget

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I keep hoping that your son will choose WWU so that you will come visit me (and him, of course) often. I loved our conversation about nursing and health care and the advance of all things medical. It gave me great hope for the future. Please come again! Betty
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this lovely B&B and highly recommend it. Charming place, comfortable accommodations, and super-friendly hostess Betty. She is a master gardener, because the gardens are just tremendous. The view from the hilltop setting is great; we enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine at one of the large windows. The little library nook is lovely too. Nothing was lacking, and we will stay here again if/when we return to Bellingham.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Do come again. We loved having you stay with us!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed for a single night before boarding a sailboat charter in Bellingham. The first thing we did was haul out all our gear to organize it in the beautiful common room overlooking the bay. That was fine with Betty Cribbs our intrepid hostess. When Betty asked us our breakfast preferences we announced that one of us was vegan. She responded the next morning with Irish groats perfectly cooked and with an array of toppings that would put a top restaurant to shame. He was in heaven and the rest of us indulged in her other wonderful breakfast offerings as well. To say that Betty will go out of her way to please her guests is an understatement and she never makes you feel that she is doing you a favor. Oh, yes. the rooms are lovely and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden have little Juliette balconies and are very quiet and nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
The four of you were great fun. I am still jealous of your week in the San Juans...wish I could have tagged along. And your laundry bag is waiting for you in the entry way. I am hoping you'll return for it someday. Thanks for writing such kind words. (Vegans are always welcome because I always have oat groats on hand!)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped in Bellingham on our road trip to Seattle and had a very nice stay at this beautifully located B&B. The room was very comfortable and clean and Betty is a super nice and welcoming hostess. Our breakfast was excellent and even before breakfast Betty served fresh coffee and delicious scones right next to our room. We had a wonderful stay at Viewmont Manor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
I am always so delighted to hear that my guests had a nice stay, and liked my scones! Come back any time for more! Thanks for taking the time to write...and go visit the Millenium park for me! Thanks! Betty
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way down the west coast. I wish we'd stayed longer.
Betty is a fabulous host, so caring and great fun. Her house is clearly one of family, friendship and great cooking! Breakfast was excellent, all home made.
Facilities are perfect. Lovely room overlooking the garden. Tea, coffee and water right by your room. Betty makes fresh scones and cookies for guests to have with their drinks.
Fairhaven and Bellingham are lovely places to explore.
I left feeling very rested.
Thanks for a wonderful stay. I hope to see you again Betty.
Kate Roberts

• Stayed July 2013
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Kate: You allowed my nieces to Plait your Hair...how much more perfect a guest could an innkeeper ask for! I can only sit and wait for your next visit. I'll keep the lights on. Betty

Been to Viewmont Manor? Share your experiences!