“Coming home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Coming home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

A bit of a trek up hill, but it is worth it. Beautiful park setting with comfortable chairs inside and outside. You will love the solitude. Betty will greet you with a hug, as she would any family member. You aren't going to strangers, you are coming home. Wake up to a terrific breakfast and coffee brewing. We only stayed one day.......this time.

Room Tip: The corner room has windows on two sides for a fabulous cross breeze.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
For being an old car guy you sure are young! You and your wife made such a marvelous addition to my weekend in the back yard. I truly hope you will come again soon. (and now that I know who you are, I'll keep more of my secrets to myself!)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sumas, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great view, good comfortable bed, relaxed atmosphere and totally AWESOME food prepared by a great hostess! Thanks again Betty for everything! Looking forward to staying again. Even enjoyed meeting and eating breakfast with your other guests.
Alyda

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I am so very glad you enjoyed your visit again. Glad your husband got to golf and you got to shop a little. I look forward to the next time you come visit!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night in Bellilngham visiting friends and had the good fortune to find this wonderful place to stay for the night. I wish we could have stayed a little longer - we will definitely be back. The Viewmont Manor is in a quiet neighborhood at the top of the hill, overlooking the bay. It is very close to Fairhaven, also, which was a plus. Betty, the owner, has a twinkle in her eye - it's not too often you get the chance to meet someone like her, who obviously enjoys taking care of people. Betty catered to some dietary issues that we have and made a delicious breakfast for us -- with hearty portions of an egg dish, fruit, bacon, the most delicious scones I have ever had. Our room was very cozy and clean and had a sweet little balcony overlooking the lush backyard garden. If you are looking for a "home away from home" in Bellingham that is quiet and cozy, I don't think you'll be disappointed here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Oh dear. Now I won't be able to wear my new golf hat because I have such a Big Head after reading your kind words! You absolutely made my day. Come on back and stay for a week next time.
Shelton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went to Bellingham to visit family over a long weekend. After long days visiting with our relatives, we would make our way back up the hill to the B&B, have a good night's sleep, wake up to any amazing breakfast, and feel like we were still with family, thanks to Betty. I have a feeling we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Your review warmed me to my boots! What a wonderful thing to say, and a wonderful way to say it! You two are the reason I think this is the very best "job" in the world. You are welcome back at a moment's notice (but after your kind words I will probably be booked full!) Thank you so much.
Dacula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Betty was delightful, spending time with Rhonda in the garden, discussing plant combinations and her strategy in developing her beautiful garden. The bed and pillows were clean, comfortable and welcome at the end of days of sightseeing.
We loved visiting the Fairhaven district in Bellingham, where we found lots of interesting shops and restaurants. From Bellingham, it's an easy trip over to Mt. Baker, and Betty was helpful in suggesting places to visit locally. Overall, this was a wonderful experience -- food, garden and environs were all A+.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
And to think that this was just the beginning of a wonderful trip north for you! I so enjoyed our time together, and will be sure to search for the names of the plants that Rhonda needed. Thanks again for the slide show of Paris. I am all set to go!
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The 200 character min is too short to share all the wonderful aspects of our stay here. Simply put - from the first phone call to the sad 'so-long', Betty made our weeks stay an amazing lasting memory. Special thanks to Connie and Sally!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I often find myself looking down the driveway to see if you're heading back here! Wish you would! You are such fine folk...and the proof is in the offspring! Sally & Connie say "you're welcome" but Betty misses you most!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The bed was SO comfortable, the setting peaceful and pretty, and Betty was an absolutely charming and oh so kind hostess who went out of her way to make us feel at home! And breakfast--wow--just delicious! We had a truly lovely visit--wish we could turn around and go right back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
And I would have welcomed you with open arms if you Had turned around and come right back! Thanks again for the Tea Table advice. We had a delightful time hosting you. DO COME AGAIN. You can meet the nicest people staying here.

Been to Viewmont Manor? Share your experiences!