“Wonderful Hostess, Wonderful City” 5 of 5 stars

Viewmont Manor
1031 38th Street, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Dacula
“Wonderful Hostess, Wonderful City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Betty was delightful, spending time with Rhonda in the garden, discussing plant combinations and her strategy in developing her beautiful garden. The bed and pillows were clean, comfortable and welcome at the end of days of sightseeing.
We loved visiting the Fairhaven district in Bellingham, where we found lots of interesting shops and restaurants. From Bellingham, it's an easy trip over to Mt. Baker, and Betty was helpful in suggesting places to visit locally. Overall, this was a wonderful experience -- food, garden and environs were all A+.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
And to think that this was just the beginning of a wonderful trip north for you! I so enjoyed our time together, and will be sure to search for the names of the plants that Rhonda needed. Thanks again for the slide show of Paris. I am all set to go!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The 200 character min is too short to share all the wonderful aspects of our stay here. Simply put - from the first phone call to the sad 'so-long', Betty made our weeks stay an amazing lasting memory. Special thanks to Connie and Sally!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I often find myself looking down the driveway to see if you're heading back here! Wish you would! You are such fine folk...and the proof is in the offspring! Sally & Connie say "you're welcome" but Betty misses you most!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The bed was SO comfortable, the setting peaceful and pretty, and Betty was an absolutely charming and oh so kind hostess who went out of her way to make us feel at home! And breakfast--wow--just delicious! We had a truly lovely visit--wish we could turn around and go right back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
And I would have welcomed you with open arms if you Had turned around and come right back! Thanks again for the Tea Table advice. We had a delightful time hosting you. DO COME AGAIN. You can meet the nicest people staying here.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I had never stayed at a B&B, but Viewmont Manor sure convinced us to go back to one next time we travel. Our room, with private bath, was just perfect. The scones and coffee before breakfast were amazing. Even though my husband managed to spill his coffee everywhere, Betty didn't miss a beat. Breakfast was fabulous and more than filling both mornings. I love my mom and all, but she has never quite made me a breakfast that seemed so lavish. We will definitely be back and recommend it to all our friends

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Now that you are seasoned Bed and Breakfast travelers, I expect to hear about all the new places you find. And tell your Mom not to worry, sometimes I goof. In fact, my son has been known to say that I only became a good cook by making a lot of mistakes! I look forward to your next trip to Bellingham!
juneau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We found Viewpoint Manor on the Internet while looking for a three-day-base from which to explore Bellingham. The only problem was, for those days, we did not want to leave the incredibly comfortable accommodations, with spectacular view nor end our delightful and interesting conversations with our gracious hostess Betty! Our stay could not have been more perfect and we are looking forward to returning soon. Just a warning: Betty's killer scones are wonderful and they are only the practice for breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I do not know why it took me so long to read your kind review! I think back on our conversations and I remember thinking how gracious it was of you two to include me in such meaningful discussions. You are two special, interesting, engaging people. Do come back, Please.
Port Townsend, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our son and daughter-in-law gave us a gift certificate for Viewmont Manor for the weekend of our anniversary. We love to stay in B&Bs, but this one far exceeded our expectations for so many reasons. Our room was beautiful, comfortable and quiet. The bed and its bedding were luxurious, an important piece of the comfort, but our room also offered a wonderful chair and ottoman near the window for my early morning reading before my husband awakened- and the coffee and fresh scones were right outside the door! That wasn't breakfast, however, for Betty is a marvelous cook and created two lovely and delicious breakfasts at our chosen time each morning. My favorite part, in addition to sharing great conversation and ideas with Betty, was the reading nook where we enjoyed our wine and conversation each evening after our day's activities and before heading out for dinner. This special place offers whatever you desire - privacy, comfortable TV watching, reading (great book selection), games and breakfast, all in your own upstairs space. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
My dear, your review makes ME want to stay there! Oh, what a delight to meet such good instant friends. I hope we will continue this friendship "into infinity and beyond!"
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My adult daughter and I planned a quick, short-notice getaway and found the Viewmont manor on line, noting it's great reviews.

We were placed in the South Garden Terrace Room. Lovely room with a luxuriously high bed and comfy chair and ottoman to relax on. Having access to the library nook and the "common area" with tv (which we didn't watch) and Wifi available, as well as a few games available meant there were lots of things available for us to do (other than enjoying each other's company and the views). We also enjoyed a delicious meal at Le Chat Noir on Betty's recommendation and found Betty's homemade scones truly addictive.

Betty was very kind, welcoming and accomodating - providing the extra pillows we requested in advance. I would definitely recommend a stay at the Viewmont.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Oh my! What a quick response you wrote! Thank you so much. I hope you get more and more time away with your daughter. It is great to know that you enjoyed your visit. Come back any time!

Been to Viewmont Manor? Share your experiences!