“Great Food - Great Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Viewmont Manor
1031 38th Street, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Kent, Washington
“Great Food - Great Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I wanted a Valentine getaway and this was it. The hostess was prepared with where to take my wife for a Valentine day dinner. Very romantic evening! In fact the two days were very romantic and relaxing. The breakfasts were a perfect touch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Valentine's Day has a charm all its own, and we were very happy that you chose to spend it at Viewmont Manor. The very best part of running a bed and breakfast is meeting people like you. Thank you for your visit! We'll keep the candles in the window lit in case you want to come back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Betty is the most wonderful hostess and has a warm, beautiful home! My boyfriend, Tim and I stayed at the Viewmont Manor the night before a big trail run in Bellingham. The room was perfect and the bed was so comfortable - just what we needed the night before a big race. And, Betty went above and beyond to research a perfect breakfast for us to enjoy pre-run, and out did herself with the breakfast spread. Tim and I felt GREAT on our run, and we attribute feeling so refreshed and nourished to Betty. THANK YOU!
- Amber & Tim

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am so relieved to read that you survived your run and felt fine. You two are amazing specimens of humanity! You were so gracious to accept what I prepared for you, not being all that familiar with a "pre-run" menu. Let's do it again sometime!
California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Although I love to read reviews, I always wondered what prompted people to write them...now I know! We had such a wonderful experience, it would be a shame not to share it. We found Viewmont Manor by reading reviews, so it only seems right to "pay it forward."

One would assume that people who stay at B & B's like people. And if you like people, you will love Betty! She has definitely found her calling as a B &B Innkeeper. She will give you as much privacy and quiet time as you want, but we enjoyed visiting with her so much that every time she came up to drop off one of her "treats" we comandeered her. As a longtime Bellingham resident, she also had great suggestions for things to do around the area.

Likely, most people who stay at B & B's also love breakfast. Actually, I don't usually, but you would never know that from the way I savored every morsel of the tasty breakfasts Betty prepared. My husband, who is always a breakfast lover, concurs. I do love scones, and I had read the other reviews about Betty's before visiting so my expectations were high--but not high enough--these aren't the donut-shaped-like-a-scone scones you get at chain coffee shops. These were moist and flaky chock-full-of-goodness pure deliciousness...even the one I smuggled out in my backpack and ate the following day!

Betty and her home truly embody hospitality. The atmosphere is relaxing and spotlessly clean. The beds are comfortable, the view beckons, and the food is plentiful and delicious. What more could you want in a B & B.

And as a Washington-native-Southern-California-resident, it felt great to spend a few days in the big small-town of Bellingham, breath the crisp and clean ocean air, surrounded by trees and by people who smile and say hello as they pass.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I'm having the paperwork drawn up as soon as possible to finalize such an adoption! You two are a welcome addition to any family. You are each wonderful persons on your own, but together you are splendid! We will keep looking down the driveway hoping to see you return.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have finally found a B&B that we would be staying at on a constant basis.
The hostess Betty , treated us as if we were her family, and went out of her way to
make us feel as comfortable as possible.The bed was cosy and comfortable
And it felt just like home. Betty makes the most wonderful cookies and biscuits, and breakfast
Was awesome. It is close to everything including the quaint Fairhaven. A perfect place to relax
In the quietness of location.
I could not fault VIEWMONT MANOR
Way to go Betty!!!,

• Stayed February 2013
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I count it a blessing to have met you two!
Healdsburg, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife and I from California stayed at Viewmont Manor on January 8,9,&10. We couldn't have been more pleased with EVERYTHING!! The upstairs room was spacious and had a balcony and view to the backyard property as well as a private dining area looking Westward toward the ocean where we enjoyed our amazing breakfasts each morning.
Betty, the owner/innkeeper, prepared a virtual feast of a breakfast the likes of which I have never seen even in the finest restaurants! From egg fritata to Swedish apple pancakes in a cast iron skillet to wonderful link sausage and freshly made scones and fruit and orange juice with eggs Benedict made with homemade English Muffins and gourmet ham. The is NOT the complete list!! We were literally blown away! Although with the incredible food, it would have taken a Hurricane to blow us anywhere!
Anyone would be lucky to stay at Viewmont Manor.
We'll be back!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Your review made me laugh out loud! Such a good time with you...hope you will come back and I promise to feed you just as much the next time! You make very fine guests!
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A weekend in Bellingham in November 2012 was great, for a good part thanks to our hostess, Betty. She is worm and friendly...breakfasts are delicious...beds are very comfortable....atmosphere in the house is very welcoming. Also, Betty suggested a visit to Vartanyan winery, which proved to be excellent (wine/owner/location).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I am so very glad you found Vartanyan Winery. And I am happy you found us comfortable. Thanks for your kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Found ourselves looking for lodging in Bellingham, WA one weekend in the summer. If I'm not mistaken, they had not been open very long. It was a lovely stay, great spread for breakfast, easy trek to the downtown area, lovely grounds. The price was discounted because we had cash too, so it was an extra bonus!

Would have written a review back then, but life took hold and strangled me for awhile. I was reminded about it when I recently came across the keys to the too we stayed in -whoops! I'm mailing them back ASAP. Sorry about that!

Loved the stay!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
How very lovely to hear from you! And do not worry about the keys...more often than not guests take them home, having not used them enough to remember they even have them! We'll be glad to put them back into circulation.