“Like visiting good friends!” 5 of 5 stars

Viewmont Manor
1031 38th Street, Bellingham, WA 98226   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Bellingham B&B and Inns
annville, pa
“Like visiting good friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Couldn't have happened on a better place to call home, while I was in Bellingham for a few days. I google B&B's in the area and the first place I called scolded me for not planning ahead (they were fully booked) and wouldn't recommend any other places to stay. Luckily, I called Viewmont Manor next and Betty answered. I knew right away she was going to be fun!

Her rooms are elegant and soooo comfortable - nothing was lacking. I had a luxurious queen bed, lovely bath and a little balcony over-looking the vibrant back garden. Betty made sure I had everything I needed: warm scone and tea to coax me awake, delicious breakfast when I was ready, delightful conversation and help finding good spots to check out around town. She has a bubbly, caring approach and gave just the right amount of personal attention. She was born to be the perfect hostess!

The rooms are off a common area on the second floor with big over-stuffed sofas and TV, dining area and cozy library, all with lots of windows providing light and expansive views out to the bay. This part of the house is just for guests and feels like your own private retreat.

Viewmont Manor is a wonderful place to find peace and quiet, while being close to all that beautiful Bellingham has to offer. And Betty will take great care of you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
And when you left it was like losing a good friend! Hope you find great joy in your adventure!

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Edmonds, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If these words describe what you're looking for, sign up now for this B&B. The scones were awesome and oozing with the most wonderful sauce. The breakfast stuck with us all day.
It was all nice homemade delicacies and FRESH squeezed orange juice.
The sitting area was spacious and comfortable and the view of Mt Constitution and water added to the serenity of the location.
Close enough to resturants in the Downtown Bellingham area.

I would give this a 10 star rating if I could.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It's easy to pamper people as lovely as you!
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My daughter and I spent two nights at Viewmont Manor and had a wonderful time! Betty makes the most amazing scones, by the way. Betty was accommodating to my daughters vegan diet, which was much appreciated. The home is lovely, with a very nice view, sunlight streaming gently in the morning into the dining and seating areas. There is a charming porch off the room, with two chairs and a small table, overlooking a colorful garden, very peaceful. We felt like we were visiting family, perhaps a cousin, welcoming us to beautiful Bellingham. Lake Padden is minutes away and a great place for a walk at any time of day. We highly recommend Viewmont Manor! The breakfast is delicious and the host is delightful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I keep thinking about your proposal to walk around Lake Padden every day if you lived here. It's on my bucket list to start doing just that.
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

When we come to visit family in Bellingham, we have found the best place to stay is Viewmont Manor. The room is lovely and there is a breakfast to die for (fresh, hot scones are out of this world!) The host, Betty, is just great, and makes you feel right at home. We highly recommend Viewmont Manor for your next - or your first - visit.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
You're simply the best! Thanks for your good (and true) words!
Wilsonville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Betty made our stay most wonderful. We called last minute and she bent over backwards to accommodate us! Let's put it this way - it was one of those moments when things clicked in place and we found ourselves blessed. The manor is very pleasant - the gardens beautiful and the breakfast exceptional! We encourage you to stay and experience Viewmont!
Mike and Lisa

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
You took such wonderful photos. Thank you so much for adding them to my site! Come back any time!
Yucatan travels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for three nights at Viewmont Manor during a visit to Western Washington University, and are so glad we found this B&B. Betty, the owner, was welcoming and a terrific host. Each morning, we awoke to fresh scones and hot coffee or tea outside our room. Then, Betty would prepare a wonderful hot breakfast, taking into consideration our meal requests and schedule. Two mornings, we had to be at WWU at 8 a.m., and Betty had the breakfast ready at 7. And she is quite a cook! We enjoyed quiche, crepes, steel cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more.

The other thing that made this B&B so delightful was the setting. The back yard is a stunning garden, and you could choose to have your morning coffee or breakfast on the balcony overlooking the garden. At breakfast, the meal is served in a central area with a view of Bellingham Bay. The upstairs is available to the guests; including the beautiful sitting area, where you can read a book and enjoy the view, and the common area where you can watch TV (we had to get our Olympics fix).

We appreciated the convenient location -- it was so close to WWU, Fairhaven and downtown Bellingham. Since my daughter will be attending WWU, we will be back to enjoy the comforts and hospitality of Viewmont Manor!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I think about your daughter all the time, wondering how her first year of college is going. Thanks for speaking so highly of our B&B. We loved having you...We hope for four years of developing friendship!
Walport, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

In early June 2012 my wife and I wanted to spend a couple of nights(Thursday and Friday) in Bellingham, but on trying to make reservations in hotels I was told Friday was sold out. So I started looking for B&bs and found the Viewmont Manor, which is a small and fairly new B&B. Upon calling they were able to take us for the nights we wanted.
The facility consists of two nice bedrooms on the second floor of a very attractive house in a residential area with distant views of the city and bay. Our hostess, Betty Cribb, was a fountain of information about the city with ideas about things to do, good restaurants, and how to get around. She explained that Western Washington University(located in Bellingham) was having commencement that weekend and that was why we had trouble finding accomodations on Friday night.
The rooms were comfortable and the food wonderful. When you get up in the morning there is a tray with a pot of coffee and two scones outside your door. Breakfast, served later but at a time that you and Betty decided on, was filling and tasty. She had extra scones which she gave us when we started out for the day, and those plus a latte after our big breakfast was enough for lunch.
Would we stay there again-in a heartbeat!
Ned Brittain

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Betty C, Owner at Viewmont Manor, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I could not have asked for kinder, more generous-hearted first guests than you and your wife. Bellingham missed out on two lovely people when you decided not to move here earlier in your career. Thank you for your gracious response.
p.s. I still nag Glenn about reversing the bathroom doors. Thanks

Been to Viewmont Manor? Share your experiences!