You simply can't beat it for location and a stress-free trip. I wanted just a couple days to see the area and wanted to try out getting there from Olympia by bus or train. I was scared but when I got there I realized both bus and train come in in a very safe nice area (so much nicer than some other bus stations I've seen!!!) and a very easy walk to the Fairhaven Village Inn. I'm 61 and took a small rolling suitcase--very nice walk to and from. I usually stay in B&Bs, but I loved this. It felt like something in between a B&B and a same-old same-old nice hotel. They have a big library room that wasn't on their homepage which I loved too..downstairs by lobby and a place to just sit and read w/o feeling like you have to sit in your room on a rainy day. The parkside room which I had was beautiful and I loved the view, very spacious and I liked that too. They should put a photo of their continental breakfast area online and they don't--it was nice, modern look with high bar tables and barstools; didn't have the feel of the usual continental breakfast displays. Nicely located just inside main doors. You felt safe here--only 22 rooms and car parking in down below underneath hotel. They fail to put that in photos too but safe, easy, even a bathroom down there if you need it. I absolutely LOVED not getting in my car at all. Plenty to see and do w/o a car in Fairhaven...I spent too much. I absolutely suggest looking for 'specials' at the hotel. I'm going again soon on a 3 nights for price of 2. It is pricy and in this economy we need to save where we can, right? Staff were very very pleasant. Lots of good info in lobby to take home or back to room to learn more about the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven Village Inn, the hotel in heart of the Historic Fairhaven District of Bellingham, is footsteps from fabulous dining, trails on the Bay, live entertainment, an outdoor market and unique shops. The hotel has 22 spacious guest rooms with fireplace and bay side options. The Inn’s porch, library and Village Green Park makes this an excellent spot for a getaway or families. Enjoy free parking, high-speed Internet access, continental breakfasts and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fairhaven Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Village Hotel Bellingham
- Fairhaven Village Bellingham