I was looking for a quaint, charming getaway for my husband and I and this unique inn definitely fit the bill. It's right in the heart of Fairhaven; a picturesque historic neighbourhood of Bellingham, Washington. There are lots of cool shops and restaurants within easy walking distance and it's right across the street from the "Village Green" which is a neat little town courtyard where events are frequently held such as a local market or live music. Outdoor movies are played there in the summer evenings apparently. Our visit was in September, so we missed out on this novelty unfortunately.
The hotel was clean with a lovely historic feel to it even though the building is only about 10 years old. There is a nice continental breakfast included as part of your stay where you can choose cereal, muffins, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, coffee, tea, etc. A good selection.
A couple of downsides:
1) The beds are EXTREMELY hard and the feather pillows are very thin and insubstantial. The polyester pillows were okay.
2) The hotel is set up with rooms on the "Bayside" and rooms on the "Parkside". The Bayside rooms have a water view...BUT the water is far away and between you and the water lies an industrial complex. It's noisy on this side of the inn. You are serenaded by overzealous seagulls, trains (complete with loud blaring horns), and the lovely buzz of industrial ventilation and parking lot lighting.
My husband and I had a terrible sleep the first night in our Bayside room and were forced to request a room on the Parkside. A room on this side of the inn is MUCH better in my opinion. And the per-night rate is lower too. The beds and pillows were just as disappointing, but at least you can get a much quieter night's sleep. And it's kind of interesting to observe the activities across the street at the Village Green from the window of your room.
Overall, I had a very nice time at The Fairhaven Inn, but I really strongly feel that the beds and pillows need to be upgraded. I've slept in more comfortable beds in lower-star-rated hotels. The location is SUPERB however. It's great to have such easy walking-distance access to the local attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven Village Inn, the hotel in heart of the Historic Fairhaven District of Bellingham, is footsteps from fabulous dining, trails on the Bay, live entertainment, an outdoor market and unique shops. The hotel has 22 spacious guest rooms with fireplace and bay side options. The Inn’s porch, library and Village Green Park makes this an excellent spot for a getaway or families. Enjoy free parking, high-speed Internet access, continental breakfasts and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Fairhaven Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Village Hotel Bellingham
- Fairhaven Village Bellingham