Working our way back to Canada, drove along the Chuckanut Drive for the view. We had booked this place vs. going to a typical motel chain, and glad we did! Rooms are very large and open with a very comfortable king size bed, balcony with a view to the bay, elevator, breakfast room, wifi and parking included. They give a 10% AAA discount. All good. The place was very clean, and all fixtures and fittings worked.
Our only struggle was with the booking process itself - booked on line, got a date incorrect, when back to the website to correct (there was a edit/modify button) and thought I had it fixed. But, get a phone message on cell late at night saying 'if we are coming after 10 pm to ring the buzzer" ok, that is weird, but we are not due in until Thursday, so no problem. Then get message next morning saying we have been charged for the missed reservation of last night! Umm, No! we are not due in until Thursday.... Called, explained - ok, no problem, our room is available on Thursday, charge is transferred to that booking - good to go! Phew! Moral of the story - if you make any error on your original booking - phone the hotel directly to get the details right. The edit/modify button on their website doesn't actually seem to work....
Otherwise, it was a lovely place - I really enjoyed listening to the trains (others have complained about this on this page). I like trains and train sounds - hubby didn't even notice them! This morning I was up in time to watch the Alaska ferry arrive and back into their dock, as I noted the Amtrak train from Vancouver came in, along with the Greyhound bus that met the boat. There are some buildings along the shore in between this hotel and the actual bay, but they are not active in the night. I had NO issues with the building, or the services or staff at all. Will come here again, if the opportunity arises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven Village Inn, the hotel in heart of the Historic Fairhaven District of Bellingham, is footsteps from fabulous dining, trails on the Bay, live entertainment, an outdoor market and unique shops. The hotel has 22 spacious guest rooms with fireplace and bay side options. The Inn’s porch, library and Village Green Park makes this an excellent spot for a getaway or families. Enjoy free parking, high-speed Internet access, continental breakfasts and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fairhaven Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Village Hotel Bellingham
- Fairhaven Village Bellingham