1. Elegant rooms that would please even Lady Mary from Downton Abbey. Graciously sized with high ceilings, wide baseboards and trim, expensive drapes. Two comty overstuffed chairs in front of the fireplace, walnut desk, chair, TV cabinet and drawers, lovely art work on the walls. Expensive border paper along the ceiling.
2. Luxe "Lady Mary" touches: down comforter and pillows, white matelasse coverlet, soft woven cotton throw, silky linens, deluxe products in the bathroom, plenty of drawer space. Robes!
3. Surgically clean. The bathroom floor was clean enough to give birth upon. I moved one of the big chairs and the carpet beneath was as clean and dust free as the rest of the carpet. Someone has been cleaning "under -- not around". My mother would approve.
4. A Library fit for Professor Plum, Colonel Mustard and Mrs. Peacock. The large, cozy oak paneled library has a fireplace, comfortable couches and chairs, books of all kinds, from useful travel and trail guides to NYT Best Sellers to Nancy Drew. Board games and puzzles for all ages. Settle back with coffee, tea or cocoa from the service set out for you and spend a pleasant evening or rainy afternoon.
5. Breakfast. Continental and satisfying. Fresh berry compote to eat with yogurt or spoon over waffles, artisan breads to toast, muffins, English and otherwise, hard-boiled eggs. Eat in the bright breakfast area or carry upstairs on a tray and eat "fireside".
6. Guest means Guest: Warm cookies in the evening set out in the lobby with a tray of dark chocolate, 24 hour hot beverage service in the library, private (free) parking area, staff eager to help with directions, restaurant suggestions, etc., $5 gift certificate to the bookstore
7. Fine location. Across the "green" from the big bookstore, right on the walking path that goes along the water, view of Bellingham's "working waterfront:, centrally located in the historical district of Farihaven. The building, by the way, is of recent vintage which is why it is so immaculate, yet in the historical style absent all the Victorian kitch or that exhausted look and smell that older buildings sometime get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairhaven Village Inn, the hotel in heart of the Historic Fairhaven District of Bellingham, is footsteps from fabulous dining, trails on the Bay, live entertainment, an outdoor market and unique shops. The hotel has 22 spacious guest rooms with fireplace and bay side options. The Inn’s porch, library and Village Green Park makes this an excellent spot for a getaway or families. Enjoy free parking, high-speed Internet access, continental breakfasts and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fairhaven Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairhaven Village Hotel Bellingham
- Fairhaven Village Bellingham