“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
WA & HI
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here three nights after arriving in town off the Malaspina (Alaska ferry). I loved this hotel and the area it was in. Our room had a bay view with a small balcony and a fireplace in the room. From our room we could see the ferry depart on Friday eve. Our room was very nice and my husband even said WOW when he walked in. Coffee/tea is available in the library and also a place to relax with a fireplace. We had good parking and this Inn was in such a fun district. Cute stores/shops to browse. The Amtrak station was also nearby. They also had a breakfast and in good weather a place to even eat outside. Would stay here again and again.......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Newport Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My birthday gift from my wife this year was a trip to the Pacific Northwest. We rented a car in Seattle and spent our first evening at the Fairhaven Village Inn in Bellingham, Washington. The hotel far exceeded our expectations! Our room was spacious, nice decorated, and had a fabulous view overlooking the water. The staff was warm and engaging. Luke was especially delightful and recommended Dirty Dan's Steakhouse for my birthday dinner which was fabulous! We strolled through the town and found it charming. Afterwards, we enjoyed the sunset on the balcony. We left refreshed the next morning eager to continue our journey. This hotel will definitely remain on our " to return list" of hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Great stay staff was very friendly and helpfull.Clean large rooms,walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants .Breakfast in the morning was not very much to choose from some fresh fruit and a couple more items would have been nice..

• Stayed October 2013
Cabin John, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Fairhaven Village Inn in mid-September. Our suite was huge, nicely furnished with lots of windows, and it overlooked the village square and the lively Wednesday farmers market. Everyone at the Inn was friendly, helpful, and customer-oriented.

The Inn is perfectly located, close to restaurants, two independent bookstores; interesting craft stores and galleries; the Purple Smile, a charming wine bar and store; a donut and ice cream shop; and a 24-hour grocery store with gourmet food and a terrific wine section. And we saw the perfect sunset over Bellingham Bay at the end of our hike on the South Bay Trail, which begins steps away from the Village Inn. A top "walkability" score.

Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lummi Island, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This a classic well appointed hotel in the heart of Fairhaven Village. The rooms are large with comfortable furnishings, gas fireplaces and free wifi. Bayside rooms have balconies. It is just steps away from restaurants and shopping. Trains do run along the bayside so prepare for some rumbling if you stay on that side. The view of the bay is somewhat obstructed by the warehouse below but still very nice on a clear night from the balcony. There is a also a lovely terrace. The library has local reference materials and coffee and tea throughout the day. Parking is free too. I get so tired of paying exorbitant prices for parking at high priced hotels.

Room Tip: Park side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good location, moderate service, above average breakfast. Small town, if you don't expect too much, you will enjoy the town. Select the room facing the Park if you care about the noise from train. I do care, so I selected the room facing the Park instead of Lake. (Actually you can not see the lake too much, because its far.)

• Stayed September 2013
Prescott, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have now spent several different nights at the Fairhaven Village Inn. I swear I could move in and live there. The rooms are always spotlessly clean. The beds and pillows are so comfortable you can sleep all night just like as if you were home. They have these very comfortable chairs that sit by the windows. You can ask for the coffee-tea tray which they bring to your room, so when you wake up in the morning make which ever is your favorite. My favorite is tea. I sit in the chair, drink my tea and watch the world go by. All the while I am sitting comfortable in the beautiful robe provided for you. Breakfast is downstairs and try the waffles they make. They are delicious. The staff is always friendly and make you feel so welcome. As far as bayside or park side I have tried both. I like park side because as I drink my early morning tea I get to watch the beautiful town of Fairhaven come alive. Don't forget to go next door to Daphne's if you would like a nice glass of wine or a drink. It reminds me of Cheers. Everyone seems to know each other and very welcoming to whom ever comes it. If you are in Fairhaven give yourself a wonderful experience and stay at Fairhaven Village Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairhaven Village Inn? Share your experiences!