“Classic Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Los Angeles
“Classic Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good location, moderate service, above average breakfast. Small town, if you don't expect too much, you will enjoy the town. Select the room facing the Park if you care about the noise from train. I do care, so I selected the room facing the Park instead of Lake. (Actually you can not see the lake too much, because its far.)

• Stayed September 2013

262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Prescott, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have now spent several different nights at the Fairhaven Village Inn. I swear I could move in and live there. The rooms are always spotlessly clean. The beds and pillows are so comfortable you can sleep all night just like as if you were home. They have these very comfortable chairs that sit by the windows. You can ask for the coffee-tea tray which they bring to your room, so when you wake up in the morning make which ever is your favorite. My favorite is tea. I sit in the chair, drink my tea and watch the world go by. All the while I am sitting comfortable in the beautiful robe provided for you. Breakfast is downstairs and try the waffles they make. They are delicious. The staff is always friendly and make you feel so welcome. As far as bayside or park side I have tried both. I like park side because as I drink my early morning tea I get to watch the beautiful town of Fairhaven come alive. Don't forget to go next door to Daphne's if you would like a nice glass of wine or a drink. It reminds me of Cheers. Everyone seems to know each other and very welcoming to whom ever comes it. If you are in Fairhaven give yourself a wonderful experience and stay at Fairhaven Village Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bonita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Loved the Fairhaven neighborhood. Walked all over the little village and felt very safe with a lot to see and do. The hotel is nice inside. We knew we were changing rooms for the two nights we stayed. The first room had a fireplace and balcony which we enjoyed. Unfortunately, the view is over an industrial area. We did see the ferry from Alaska come in. The Bay was a ways away on the horizon. The next night we had a room with a view of the village. It was of the square with no balcony so was OK. We would stay here if we go back as it close to the walking trail and in a great place to shop around. Nice people, too.

Room Tip: All in all, I would take a room with the fireplace and balcony, even though the view is not too plea...
Hood River, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Made an impromptu trip to Bellingham so my daughter could visit friends...I chose the Fairhaven because it looked like it was in a "walkable" location, as I was staying by myself for 2 days. What a treasure! Wonderful location(steps from a gorgeous walking trail that takes you out along the Bay, into the woods, and on to downtown), across the street from a town square with a great farmers market, interesting shops and cafes. Room was so comfortable, clean, and relaxing. Loved the bedsheets so much, I bought a set to take home! The breakfast is nice, loved the library with coffee service, and the outdoor 2nd story "porch" where I was able to read and enjoy the summer evening. Also, very helpful and welcoming staff. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: I thought I was sacrificing a view for the slightly cheaper street-side room, but was very happy wit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Idaho Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were very pleased with the quality of the rooms, their cleanliness, and the assistance provided by the front desk. This is a gem in the Bellingham area and central to all the fabulous shops in downtown Fairhaven.

Room Tip: Although this hotel is downtown and near the trains and docks, it is very quiet on the downtown side...
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can't say enough about this inn. Very friendly and kind - while waiting for our room when we arrived early and while waiting for the train back to Seattle they encouraged us to use their sitting room, stored our luggage, offered chocolate chips cookies, etc. The room was spotless and very comfortable. It is a perfect location to see Fairhaven and Bellingham. Every thing is a few blocks away, including the bus into Bellingham and the Amtrak station.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here many times and have never had a bad or even marginal experience. The rooms are very large, very clean, very well maintained, and the fireplaces make for a very pleasant atmosphere in the winter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairhaven Village Inn? Share your experiences!