“A fine place to stay in Bellingham/Fairhaven” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Rates Starting at $149
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“A fine place to stay in Bellingham/Fairhaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here many times and have never had a bad or even marginal experience. The rooms are very large, very clean, very well maintained, and the fireplaces make for a very pleasant atmosphere in the winter. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairhaven Village Inn for three nights in mid August 2013. This was a our second visit (1st visit was Sept 2012) and we were delighted to find the hotel just as wonderful as we remembered!

The service is wonderful from start to finish. The staff are so friendly and polite.

The rooms are incredible. This year, we choose a room at the back with a balcony and it was wonderful. The room is enormous and so comfortable. We loved the view over the bay, which allowed us to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and watch the boats come and go. The train and seagull noise may be problem for some, but it didn't bother us that much. The double glazed patio door did an excellent job of blocking the noise through the night.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The location is perfect, we arrived by bus and left on the train, and could easily walk to/from the station to the hotel. There is a great choice of restaurants in Fairhaven as well, again, all within easy (max 5 mins) walk of the hotel.

The one minor suggestion I have, is I'd like to see some fresh fruit offered with the breakfast. The only fruit at the moment is frozen berries, which are great on the waffles, but I'd love to have the option of bananas, apples, oranges etc.

We are sure to be back again and cannot wait!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We planned on visiting family in the area and needed a place to stay. We wanted something nice and decided on staying at the Fairhaven Inn. Our relatives live in a rough setting and we wanted something nice. We weren't disappointed. We paid about $300 for the suite. It was huge and beautiful. The complimentary breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'd been planning to stay at this Inn for the past couple of years and finally had an opportunity, my stay was very nice. The excellent location is perfect for exploring Fairhaven and surrounding area.

Rooms are large, beds are comfortable, windows open :) Continental breakfast in the morning is a nice bonus.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Inn and my room were so elegant and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I enjoyed hearing the trains go by and seeing the full moon from my balcony. It was fun having the fire in the fireplace at night and in the morning. The waffle that I had made for me by one of the staff members during the complimentary breakfast was delicious. The sheets were heavenly. On this trip where we stayed at 8 hotels, this was my favorite.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Everyone is right on about service and comfort of this inn in a great town with great views. It was a working trip for me and everything I needed was right there. The wireless Internet service was fast and worked where ever I tried. Breakfast variety was good without the usual scrambled eggs and greasy bacon. The pastries were great and coffee 24 hours a day. Weather was too nice to try the fireplace and it seemed that the only neighbors were the sea gulls. Everything, especially the staff, was better than expected. Such personal attention to detail is appreciated.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Winchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I planned a five day trip for my daughters 21st birthday and this was our first stop We are from The east coast and had never traveled to the NW. I chose this location for its close proximity to the Canadian border and it was less than 2 hrs from SeaTac airport. The room was wonderful, free parking, comfortable beds and nice sheets! The bathroom was roomy and the shower was just right. We walked around Fairhaven and did some shopping,the hotel staff was very helpful with suggestions of where to eat and also accommodating of our late,late arrival (airline delays). I wish all the hotels on our trip had been this nice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairhaven Village Inn? Share your experiences!