“spicy, delicious, $2-off sandwiches” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian, Sandwiches, Delicatessen, South American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Ferndale, Washington
“spicy, delicious, $2-off sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We decided to try Cafe Rumba's Peruvian menu on a Thursday & discovered all sandwiches are $2 off. The guy at the counter was enthusiastic and fun; he gave us samples of all their sauces to try. We had 2 of their popular meat sandwiches on good crusty buns with sides of their specialty potatoes & sauce. My sandwich had a slice of yam - delicious. I'm not usually a fan of spicy sauces but these were perfect, somewhere between mild and medium. The atmosphere is college-town casual, a little cafe in an old downtown building. We will be dancing back in for more.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bellingham, Washington
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Recently went on Thursday (it's $2 off sandwich day). For the price and size of meal...good value and the taste was muy bueno. Can't wait to go back and try another selection. A lovely change from the normal lunch fare.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
washington state
“A Local Treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

A friend of mine told me about this place a while back. Last weekend I was headed up to Bellingham so I decided to check out the reviews on tripadvisor. It was rated the #1 restaurant in Bellingham which really got my attention. I ended up going there with my boyfriend for lunch.

This place is known as a deli and best known for their sandwiches. I am not a big sandwich fan so it's gotta be great to have me wanting to come back for more. This was truly one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. I had the pavo sandwich with pina water (pineapple water) to drink. The flavors in the sandwich and in the sauce that comes on the potato slices were absolutely wonderful. I've already decided that I'm going back there to try another sandwich the next time I'm up north.

One of the Peruvian owners took our order. He was very nice and helpful. He was also quite humble when I mentioned seeing that his place is #1 on tripadvisor.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of the great sandwich shops in Bellingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here to eat today with my wife on a sunny Saturday. Almost all tables were full with hungry diners.Selections were a little confusing because we weren't expecting homemade roasted meats on fresh buns with a side of sliced potatoes and sauce. I had a roasted meat stew which melted in my mouth. My wife had grilled turkey breast with sweet onions, spinach and a light cilantro lime sauce, the flavor blew both of us away.Service was friendly. Our problem now is finding the time to come back and work our way through the rest of the menu.

Visited October 2013
Bellingham, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff was incredibly nice and prices seemed right for a small local business. Nice small cafe with a welcoming atmosphere will definitely go again. Unique flavor, glad I chose to go here today, would recommend the Lima club.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere