“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Peruvian
Silverdale, Wa
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My 11 year old daughter wanted to try something different and we were driving through Bellingham when we spotted this Peruvian Deli...she was insistent that we get some sandwiches which we did. Wow! the sandwiches were incredible and definitely different than anything we have had before. The service was fabulous and the ambiance of the cafe was quite fun. We will definitely be visiting again when we are back in town. I highly recommend!

Visited August 2013

queensland
“Delicious peruvian sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went here after reading T/A reviews and not disappointed at all. Delicous sandwich, we shared the pollo and the tofu, both were great but would have the pollo to myself next time. Great spicy sauce on sandwich and the boiled potatoes that come as a side have a fabulous spicy creamy sauce on them. Looking forward to my next visit. Sandwiches are cheaper on a Thursday also, although they are reasonably priced anyway. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
san diego
“Don't miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Go to cafe rumba for some amazing peruvian food! The menu is mostly sandwiches (which were delicious). Peru is widely known for their ceviche which was not on the menu, but the owner/chef made it fresh, on the spot for my husband and it was fantastic! All the sauces/salsas they use are all made in house and are delicious.

Visited July 2013
Bellingham
“Love the sauces”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great sandwiches with an interesting twist. Really good bread, generous fillings and unusual and tasty sauces, These are not the deli type meats, but are pieces of an actual roasted piece of pork, or turkey or whatever. They are accompanied by a slice or two of roasted potato covered in a creamy, tasty sauce. Sometimes they have a fruity drink that is a combination smoothy/milkshake/ liquado and delicious. There are also other choices, salads, soup, and interesting Peruvian dessers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellingham, Washington
“Looking for something new and unique? Check out Cafe Rumba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Quick Take:
* Delicious sandwiches! My favorite is the Pavo (turkey)
* Try the chicha drink (purple corn juice) or Inca Cola for an authentic experience!

This place is awesome - really delicious food in a fun and casual atmosphere. They specialize in sandwiches but also have various non-sandwhich daily specials. I have tried nearly everything on the menu (and it's all delicious!) but my absolute favorite is the Pavo (turkey) sandwhich, because of its unique "black mint" sauce... sounds weird, I know, but it's seriously delicious (I also usually have them add the onion mixture to my Pavo sandwhich). My boyfriend's favorite is the Buttifara (pork), but don't let the description fool you - it says "ham" but it's not like thin-sliced deli style ham, it's big thick slices of pork. Make sure you get some Chicha or an Inca Cola to complete your Peruvian dining experience :)

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of trying Peruvian cuisine - the flavors are unique, but are agreeable enough that they will likely please those who might not normally like various "ethnic" or "exotic" foods.

I always hear people here in Bham complain about not having much variety when it comes to food choices, but whenever I mention Cafe Rumba I usually get a "oh, where is that place? I think I've driven by and seen it but haven't tried it". GO TRY IT BELLINGHAMSTERS!

• Visited April 2013