“One of my favorite hikes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 65 things to do in Bellingham
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“One of my favorite hikes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The LarabeeState Park is simply stunning. My husband and I wwere humbled by the beauty of the trails. Be sure to go up to Fragerance Lake and takethe short hike to the lookout point-you won't be disappointed. Also, to visit Washington state parks you need a Discovery Pass ($10 per visit or $30 per year). I've heard they check for the passes, so best to take care of this before visiting.

Visited December 2013

Everson, Wa. USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best campgrounds I have ever been to!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

All services available for RV's, and Tent camping to.
But the best is the scenery and the beach, rock climbing, a stage and pavilion that the Washington state rangers have many presentations on.
The only down side I would have to this park is the BNSF main line goes right through the park, but I never heard them blowing the horns.

Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Depends on your orientation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Since I grew up in the area I have many fond memories of this park. The problem is that this is not the type of park I would go out of my way to visit if I was from outside the area (try Deception Pass State Park instead). If you like exploring tide pools, exploring the many trails and semi-trails, or just like to wander amidst Madronas, etc. this is a great place. There is a large picnic area so it lends itself to large group gatherings (if you reserve the area ahead of time). As others have noted, there is a main north-south railroad line (BNSF) running through the middle of the park with trains (sometimes very long) at all hours.

Sioux City, Iowa
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was really not much of a park. Train tracks through the park, views mostly obstructed. Limited access. We were disappointed.

Vancouver, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“West-coast experience with trains and traffic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the campground of this park. The campground is close to a train line and quite a few of the tent-only sites are close to the road as well. Initially we stayed in #24 but switched after the first night, because the site is pretty much in full shade and very wet. The second night we were in #9 which was nice and sunny for the rest of the day and dry. Having looked around the camp ground the sites we'd recommend for tenting it are #8 through #11, #21, #22, #38 and of the walk in sites W6.
Overall it would be nice if they replaced the wooden tables with something that can better withstand the moisture under the trees.

The park itself is nice, with quite a few trails inland, which we didn't see. We enjoyed the tide pools near the beach where we saw lots of critters. The area isn't huge though. Swimming was prohibited for health concerns.