“Super sandwiches, worth a visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 396 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Bellingham, Washington
“Super sandwiches, worth a visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I used to travel to NYC every other year or so for a "theater week," attending as many shows as possible during my stay. Meals were usually at some of NY's best delis (including the Stage deli). I thought it would be impossible to find good deli outside of Manhattan.

Then Gandolfo's came to Bellingham.

I have died and gone to deli heaven! Their sandwiches are amazing, full of thinly sliced meats, great classic breads, everything prepared to the best NY standards. Prices are quite reasonable for what you get, and what you get is a very good sandwich prepared quickly and served with a smile.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Port Moody, Canada
“Great Sandwiches and Hot Dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Every time we cross the border we stop for a hot dog or new york style sandwich here.
Great dogs loaded for less than $4. Huge, delicious sandwiches.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell, Montana
“Impressive with a capital "I"---I had no idea Gandolfo's was so good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

When Gandolfo's first arrived in town, I assumed it was just another sandwich shop and so I was in no hurry to try it. Well, that's gastronomical time I'll never get back---dammit! My word, what an impressive sandwich. I had the "I luv NY" with corned beef and pastrami grilled on rye and with Swiss cheese and Russian dressing. It was marvelous; lean flavorful meats almost 2 inches thick not including the bread. I can't wait to go again and try another. And again and another, and again and another............Make no mistake, this ANYTHING BUT just another sandwich shop---these guys are serious and there is no one in Whatcom county that comes anywhere close to this good of a sandwich! A tad on the pricey side, but worth it!

• Visited July 2012
Bellingham, WA
“Best Italian sandwiches in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Gandolfo's is a favorite lunch spot. Very friendly and fast service and the best sandwiches around. We love them so much that we ordered party platters for my husband's retirement party and they were a huge hit. Compliments just kept streaming in from our 100 plus guests.

Thank's Michael for the "extras" you provided! The food made our party that much better! You better believe we will continue coming back.

Blaine, Washington
“As seen on TV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Looking at all the food shows on TV , every thing looks great but you need to travel. Gandolfs in Bellingham has ended my quest to New York for a great cornbeef on rye . It was the best sandwich have ever had, shared it with my wife to much for one person. The service is good , great people running the place , super clean. We are planning a once a week trip to try the rest of the choices , may take a year or so , lucky us.

• Visited June 2012