“Cramped seating next to someone drinking alcohol!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 attractions in Bellingham
Type: Movie Theaters
Attraction Details
Bellingham, Washington
“Cramped seating next to someone drinking alcohol!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The seating in this theater is narrow and there is barely any legroom, the whole time I felt like I was sitting in the lap of the stranger next to me who was consuming an alcoholic beverage. For some this might not be a problem.......but for me it was. Since many of the films are foreign or independent, I would rather wait and see them from the comfort of my own home. It is a shame that a brand new facility did not consider the comfort of their patrons.

Visited March 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My first visit to this nice little rep house downtown. Clean and well maintained. And the film ("56 Up") was great, too. I will return.

Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Alternative to Big Theatres”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We love the Pickford. The quality of movies shown couldn't be better. We're not even from Bellingham but when staying in Fairhaven we always check the movie listings and, undoubtedly, find ourselves watching a film at the Pickford. I sure hope this small theatre manages to stay open for a long time.

Visited January 2013
Ferndale, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are not Pickford members, but frequent their movies. This is not a run of the mill Hollywood Blitz theater. The selections of films are wide ranging and often with a lot of foreign content. The physical theater lobby has room sharing coffee while you wait for friends to arrive.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“Concession stand/Usher takes his job entirely too seriously”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was watching a movie in the back row of the theatre, being completely silent. I realized I needed to shoot a quick reply text. With my phone covered I was making a reply text. The light from my phone was seen by noone but me, I was making no sound, I was not speaking on the phone and my phone was in no position whatsoever to be assumed to be filming (as it was covered)......and like a hawk I have the usher sternly tell me that I immediately need to put my phone away or I will need to leave.

Under any other circustance of disturbing anyone with light or sound.....or if my phone were in any position to be filming, I'd understand, but this was literally laughable and disrespectful to a paying customer.

Won't be going anymore. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather watch it at home & save the money than deal with an anal usher.

Visited December 2012