“Excellent facility” 4 of 5 stars

Ferndale, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are not Pickford members, but frequent their movies. This is not a run of the mill Hollywood Blitz theater. The selections of films are wide ranging and often with a lot of foreign content. The physical theater lobby has room sharing coffee while you wait for friends to arrive.

Visited January 2013

Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“Concession stand/Usher takes his job entirely too seriously”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was watching a movie in the back row of the theatre, being completely silent. I realized I needed to shoot a quick reply text. With my phone covered I was making a reply text. The light from my phone was seen by noone but me, I was making no sound, I was not speaking on the phone and my phone was in no position whatsoever to be assumed to be filming (as it was covered)......and like a hawk I have the usher sternly tell me that I immediately need to put my phone away or I will need to leave.

Under any other circustance of disturbing anyone with light or sound.....or if my phone were in any position to be filming, I'd understand, but this was literally laughable and disrespectful to a paying customer.

Won't be going anymore. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather watch it at home & save the money than deal with an anal usher.

Visited December 2012
Bellingham, WA
12 attraction reviews
“We need more theaters like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Pickford Cinema is a gem of a theater partly because of its location and size (downtown, small) which make it a fun alternative to big chain theaters, and partly because of its excellent movie choices. We like foreign comedies, quirky films that don't fit Hollywood formulas, and all kinds of unusual small-budget films that are accessible and not too avant-garde (they also have very esoteric choices). The real popcorn is one of the Pickford's best features, and the fact that you can get a beer or wine to drink along with it in the lobby is pretty nice! With its newly remodeled space and very comfy chairs, this is a favorite Bellingham activity for my family and friends.

Visited December 2012
Bellingham, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Pickford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Unusual films in quality small theater. nice atmosphere. comfy seats. you can even have a beer in the lobby, nice dining close by.

Visited September 2012
Oregon
8 attraction reviews
“We read about the Film Center and went to see Old Goats.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staff were friendly and knowledgeable.
We were the only ones in the theatre, but we don't mind.
The Cafe Bliss was next door, a good find, too.

Visited October 2012