“Don't let the exterior fool you!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Spokane, Washington
“Don't let the exterior fool you!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat lunch in Bellingham and we wanted Mexican cuisine or a burrito place and we can Casa Que Pasa. I chuckled to myself when I saw the exterior with the paintings in the window. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in but my family insisted. I ordered a pinto bean tostada, my children ordered burritos and my youngest daughter ordered the house salad. The service was okay the food was excellent. You can sit in the restaurant are you can go back to the cantina but this is a recommended place to have lunch or have dinner.

Visited December 2013

Bellingham, Washington
“Avoid the tacos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Grew up on authentic Mexican food in Southern California, so I have a high tolerance, and genuine affection even, for the kind of no-atmosphere Mexican hole-in-a-wall that just produces simple but great tasting food. Casa Que Pasa looked like that kind of place, and it was crowded, so we went in for a meal.

This is not authentic Mexican food. What it IS, though, is inexpensive and plentiful. And that's no crime (in fact, it's a good thing in a college town), but serving a raw unheated corn tortilla straight out of the package for a "soft taco" should be a crime, and that's what I got. Corn tortillas are made out of fat and maize. Out of the package they are uncooked, and to achieve tortilla flavor and pliability they have to be heated. Without heat they have an unpleasant raw flavor, feel like cardboard in the mouth, and they break when you try to bend them into a taco shape. What we got were two flat tortillas with filling on them. They weren't previously heated and cold, they had never been near heat at all. They were RAW. Someone in the kitchen who doesn't know a thing about corn tortillas apparently believes that putting a spoonful of warm filling (the fillings were well-seasoned, so a real shame) in the middle will do the trick, but that's not true. Not even close, not enough head and not enough contact. 60 seconds in a microwave would do it, though. THIS ISN'T HARD.

A restaurant who doesn't know this, who doesn't care enough to get a simple detail like that right, won't see me again, so adios Casa Que Pasa!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Cheap and popular with students, but not Mexican, and not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Popular with students due to large portions and low prices.

But if you are looking for even remotely authentic Mexican food, you will not find it here. Potato burrito, anyone?

Maybe it was just a bad day, but service was very slow, and the place was not clean. The serving was ample and filling, but bland. Afterwards, I felt sick to my stomach, then had a bad case of diarrhea. No way I’m going back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maui, Hawaii
“Got to Have the Potato Burrito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My roommate and I always get the potato burrito to split. The portion size is huge and a great value! Nothing beats a cheap eat that is so DELICIOUS!

I recommend everyone to try!
We will definitely return soon for yummy eats.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Potato Burrito”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

still daydreaming about the goodness of this burrito. cheap with good, quick service. i just wish there was a casa que pasa in chicago.

Visited July 2013