We went here for a quick mini-vacation and to take a tour of Western Washington University for our teenage son.
We had a suite with a king-size bed and a wonderful window-seat/bed that we all wanted to sleep in (our son won). The view was better than anything in Seattle for a third of the price of the Edgewater (the only place in Seattle on the water). The Chrysalis is also right by a public pier and a long walking trail that winds through a good-sized park next door. Bellingham has got to be one of the best walking and biking cities anywhere.
There are also several decent restaurants within a few blocks.
I'm not sure why this is listed in the "B&B" section on tripadvisor and we almost missed it. It is a hotel.
My wife also loved the spa. The breakfast was a good, but needs some more choices (and meat for us old-fashioned protein cavemen). The service was universally efficient and polite.
I know some people here have complained about the train and it is about as close as you can get. It woke me a couple of times, but I happen to love trains so actually enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- Chrysalis Hotel