What an amazing spot. Chrysalis is beautiful. The room we had was gorgeous, the hotel itself is lovely, and the setting is amazing. Our room looked directly out on the bay and the view is stunning. We checked in at 4PM on Friday and immediately went out on the patio for a drink. The sun was shining and the patio was starting to fill up with people. My wife and I were able to get a table right up in the front looking out at the view. The server was prompt and very engaging, and before you knew it we each had a cold beverage and a hummus appetizer (which was delicious). After about 30 minutes of enjoying the sun and the view a big old coal train came rumbling by, blowing its horn and making a ton of noise. To provide some context, the hotel is right on the water, with about 30 feet of land in between the edge of the hotel and the beach. On that strip between the beach and the hotel is a train track. We didn't think too much of it, except it was amazing how much coal was headed north presumably to Canada. After we finished our drink and snacks we went back to the room to freshen up for dinner. We had a reservation at the hotel restaurant, Keenan's. At 6PM the place was packed. The hostess was so glad we actually had a reservation because she had our table all ready to go. The food was great! I had the manila clams and we shared the gnocci entree. It was delicious and the server was very friendly. After dinner we went out for a movie. We got back to the hotel around 10:30 and the room next to ours was having a small party. They were pretty loud so we called down to the front desk at 11 to ask if they could help quiet things down. Shortly after 11 the noise stopped and we went to bed. As parents of 2 kids (3 and 1 year-olds) we were very much looking forward to a night of solid sleep with no interruptions and the ability to sleep in! If this is what you're looking for, do not stay at the Chrysalis Inn: THE TRAINS ARE RIDICULOUS! That night there were at least 7 trains between 11PM and 7AM. They were so loud, blowing their horns right as they pass the hotel. Before going to bed I noticed the ear plugs sitting on the night stand and thought it was strange. But now I see why they were there! I was literally laughing to myself in the middle of the night after the 5th train went by. Not the night we envisioned, but we still managed to have a great time. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was amazing. If there were no trains I'd give the hotel 4 stars. 3 stars is the max I can give.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- Chrysalis Hotel