Who on earth would think of putting a hotel directly on the railroad tracks?!?!
Did they think that building their resort would somehow persuade the railroad to stop running their trains at night or something? Honestly, it's astounding that the city approved a permit for this kind of usage. Unless your hearing can be completely turned off, do not expect to sleep or enjoy a peaceful spa experience at this otherwise absolutely delightful property overlooking the beautiful bay and San Juan Islands. The rooms are exquisitely appointed with a deep window seat, luxurious soaking tub, romantic fireplace, and upscale amenities. The property is lovely. But as they say, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" Once a freight train has rumbled through your sleep, does the appearance of the room really matter?
Another odd thing is that they have occupied parking spaces in the underground garage to store broken lamps and other odds and ends from around the hotel. You'd think they'd want to at least hide this stuff behind a screen or something, or preserve the parking spaces by installing a storage shed out of sight. It doesn't create the best impression to see this refuse stored in plain sight.
And the staff are oddly indifferent and not very engaged. A very ditzy/spacy desk clerk in the afternoons, and the guy at check-out was reading his newspaper and seemed not very adept at running the computers and credit card machine. Is there a manager here?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- Chrysalis Hotel