“Wedding stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
South Carolina
“Wedding stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nothing wrong with the hotel, just expected more. Outside very plain. Parking in a garage with spaces difficult to use. Rooms were obviously designed by an architect, but lacked practicality. Towel racks difficult to use and less than needed, bath mirrors not alligned for checking back of dress, no mirror at dressing table, no safe, and outside windows impossible to reach without stretching. Worst of all were the sliding windows between the room and bath. Even when closed, turning on a light in the bathroom at night woke anyone else. For the price, just another place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Located on the Bellingham bay with gorgeous waterfront views, the Chrysalis is a gem. Excellent service, luxury touches and attention to detail make this hotel a place to be pampered. Our room was amazing with sunset views of the harbor and a deep window seat for two to enjoy them from. The tub for two was so romantic! Try dinner at the restaurant downstairs. You will be glad you did.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have been to the Chrysalis many times and each stay has been worthwhile and refreshing. Rooms are modern and cozy, fireplaces and window seats. Really amazing bathrooms and bath products. We have always enjoyed the breakfast buffet with quality offerings. Have stayed on special occasions and staff has always put together special extras like chocolates, candles, wine. Love the nearby walking trail and even the train adds charm. Romantic but we have now stayed here with our kiddos, staff is attentive, nice children's menu.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed only one night here while traveling through Washington. The rooms are lovely. Ours had a large window seat with an amazing view of the harbor (I believe it was a bump up from their standard room). There is also a restaurant on-site, but I wouldn't recommend it. Overall, a bit pricey.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you will need to upgrade from the standard room. Worth it in my opinion.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went to the spa for the first time because my daughter and I had gift certificates. I showed the receptionist my gift cards and she said she would collect them after our manicures. We were treated to coffee and treats in the relaxing room adjoining the manicure room. When we went to get our manicures, I left my belongings (purse, keys, gift cards, jacket) in the relaxing room, which adjoins the manicure room. My gift cards were stolen. I reported it to the receptionist, she accused me of not having any gift cards to begin with. When I reminded her that I had shown them to her, she then "remembered" and told me I should not have let them out of my sight, because it fact there had been many thefts there. I took responsibility for that and paid cash for the manicures. Since it was my first time there, I did not know where to place my belongings and felt they should have given me a place to store my things, had signage or something etc...Since, it felt like we were already in the safe, relaxing, space...being waited on my staff, etc., I did not have any red flags that my belongings were in danger. Also, she showed no concern for my loss and did nothing to help me resolve my problem. It felt pretty horrible. I wrote a letter to the management describing my first experience at the spa and I heard nothing back. Needless to say, it will be my last visit.

Room Tip: The rooms are beautiful, the receptionist staff in the spa was more than horrible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My children (11 and 5) and I stayed for a one-night getaway. We loved the side deluxe room, though my daughter ended up paying my son $20 to settle a battle for the bed in the coveted window alcove. The kids loved the giant bathtub, which opened onto the main room so I could be "with" them without being trapped in the bathroom. I was worried about the train noise but it was very infrequent and barely audible.

We borrowed "Sorry" from the lobby, and had a lovely breakfast with a killer view and the kindest waitstaff who accommodated picky kids. I splurged on massages for myself and daughter and she said it was the best massage ever (of three she's gotten). My kids really felt pampered and we all slept well.

The location was great, within comfortable and scenic walk (we picked blackberries along the way) of a nice commercial area and a slightly longer walk to the train and Alaska ferry stations and a waterfront park where my son threw rocks.

Room Tip: side room has great window sleep alcove and we had a partial ocean view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I try to come every year. Hands down the best place for couples. Calm, peaceful and relaxing. The rooms are very spacious. The bathroom is epic. Huge 2 person tub and shower. The views of the bay are great as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Chrysalis Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!