“A perfect delight!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Bellingham
bellingham wa
“A perfect delight!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lovely-stylish rooms-welcoming atmosphere-spectacular views-fabulous spa-wonderful buffet breakfast included in room rate-you can walk to
lovely Fairhaven village with it's shops and restaurants-or take Taylor dock and pier walk to a waterfront park-on Saturdays walk to the
Bellingham public market-or watch the Alaska Ferry come and go from
your cozy room-or walk or bike up charming South Hill-I give Chrysalis Inn & spa-this is my most favorite Inn in the world!!!!!

Room Tip: Get the full waterview room-it is soooo worth it!!!In spring and summer the sunsets last for hours...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a nice little getaway! The spa is the main highlight of this hotel. I have tried a few of the services and most are great! The treatments that I would not do again are the Couple Rasoul Mud Treatment and the Hydrotherapy Massage add on. Both were a little awkward honestly. The Eucalyptus Steam room is great as well the waiting room is quite serene so go at least half an hour early than they tell you to and enjoy.

Shopping in Fairhaven is great! Boutiques and restaurants all within walking distance. There is also a wine tasting room and ceramic glazing studio if you have time. Also you are right on the water and there is a nice long walkers pier to enjoy.

The complimentary breakfast was well done, but I did feel the dinner menu a little pretentious and i don't believe it has changed much at all in the last few years either. A fine dining type experience, very rich and complex dishes are offered. Like chilled strawberry and prosecco soup or roasted duck confit. I have had dinner there a couple times now and I'd rather just walk to one of the many Fairhaven restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel especially if you can book one of the spa package deals they fequently offer.

Room Tip: The side ocean view rooms are a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I visited this past weekend, and one year ago for our 1st and 2nd anniversaries. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! We stayed in their deluxe room, which is their most basic, but far from what you would get in a "basic" hotel anywhere else! Our favorite things were the huge 2-person bathtub with sliding doors to keep the room nice and airy, the window seat large enough for us to both enjoy, overlooking the water, and the king size canopy bed which you just sink into. The only thing to be aware of, is that there are trains that run right by the hotel, but they make such minimal noise, it shouldn't be an issue.
We booked their whale-watching tour, which I've reviewed on San Juan Cruises, for Saturday and enjoyed their spa on Sunday. We booked the muscle and joint therapeutic soaking tub, and 2 massages each. The de-stress muscle release is absolutely amazing and really gets into those sore, tired muscles. The tropical oasis is to die for if you love coconut! After all the muscle work, we drank lemon infused water and enjoyed their amazing eucalyptus steam room. The service in the entire hotel absolutely cannot be beat. Everyone is so willing to be helpful and do things for you. We felt entirely spoiled!

Room Tip: Even their most basic rooms are amazing, so you will have an amazing room, no matter where you are b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I remember an interview with the Grateful Dead's Jerry Garcia when he was asked about his motivation for writing the song Terrapin Station. He began his answer by first saying where he was, and those words are perfect here. "I was sitting in front of a picture window over-looking the storm-lashed bay." The minute I crawled into my room's bay window, I didn't want to leave. The cushion was just the right thickness, the heat radiated from the fire just perfectly and it was an excellent place to curl up and watch football for the day. The trains were a non-issue for me.

The food was speculative at best. I know that menus change a bit, but I didn't recognize a single appetizer when I visited. I settled for chicken galantine because I recognized "chicken." I was non-plussed. Our fellow wedding guests echoed my thoughts...amazing rooms, friendly staff and "what's with the food?"

Room Tip: You gotta have a bay window into which you can curl up.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was blown away by the beauty of this hotel! It was a complete surprise when my husband brought me here - and we've been to Cave B Winery and seen the likes of Salish Lodge. But this was even better! You walk into the room and there's a huge tube with these sliding windows that allow you to look out onto the bay...or you can make it more private and have them shut and it separates the bathroom and tub from the bedroom. We also took advantage of the steam rooms (there is a male room and a separate female room) and relaxation room which we highly recommend. We wore the plush robes that were provided and mosied our way to the spa and started out with spa water and 5-10 minutes in the steam room, then went to the relaxation room and enjoyed tea, nuts, and dried fruit while reading magazines in front of the fireplace and looking out at the waterfall (complete with a hot neck wrap). Amazing service too! And we enjoyed sips out on the deck of Fino (their wine bar) during happy hour watching the sun set. Dinner was great too, we highly recommend the Copper Hog in Bellingham. I can't wait to go back here!

Room Tip: I believe each room has a view and most rooms have a view from the enormous tub! Take advantage of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just returned from a stay at this hotel last Sunday. We just about decided not to stay here because of all of the reviews about the train. Not sure if it was because we were there on a Sunday night, but there were only two trains through in the early evening, and we did not hear anything all night (and I'm a light sleeper). Very glad we decided to go ahead with staying at this hotel, as all aspects of our stay were great! We stayed in a side view room and still got a great view of the bay. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Beautiful hotel, Beautiful rooms, Beautiful view of Bellingham Bay. Very relaxing and romantic spot. Too bad I did not see the reviews about the train noise.. every couple of hours.. you can hear and feel them rumble by... The first train going by was fun to watch ... but all night long.. ugh.. Maybe you should keep the windows closed.. but you could still feel them.. just like an earthquake coming. Our room was on the top floor, full ocean view.. maybe it is better to be on a lower floor. Either way.. we will pass on coming back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple