We are just back from seven nights at the lovely Chrysalis Inn & Spa. The hotel is ideally located mid-way between downtown Bellingham and the historic Fairhaven district. The lobby is a welcoming place with a "living room" and sun deck directly behind it. Just outside the property is the walking trail that goes in both directions. It is an easy stroll to the delicious Wood's coffee house (great views) and all the restaurants in Fairhaven.
The Chrysallis has an onsite restaurant, Fino's, which serves breakfast and dinner. As others have noted, it is five dollars per person per day for the breakfast buffet. The hotel will remove the charge if you don't take part. We found the breakfast great on the weekend, less so during the week when the choices were more limited. Still for five dollars, the coffee was good and the views lovely. We also had dinner there twice which was very nice although I was surprised that no Washington State wines were on the extensive list.
Our room was a direct bay view with a king sized bed, soaking tub, and a comfy window seat. There is also a gas fireplace, however, the noisy timer made it less appealing to use. Our room was well attended to with no intrusion from the competent staff.
While in Bellingham, we enjoyed the area immensely. The drive to the top of Mt. Baker, Whatcom Falls Park, and the Big Rock Garden made us jealous of the people that live there. We also witnessed the Ski to Sea race which gave us great access to a local event that draws athletes from all over.
Restaurants we enjoyed were the Oyster Bar, Cliff House, Guiseppe's, and most of all Mambo Italiano with its great vibe, good food, and friendly staff. We also had a drink at the Bellweather Hotel on the marina which was friendly and a had a great view.
Now for the twist...Many other reviews mention the train noise and we knew about it going in. It is not an exaggeration that the trains are frequent and loud throughout the night. If you are a light sleeper or have trouble falling back asleep, this may not be the place to stay. We tried to ignore the noise and some nights were worse than others. Still, restful sleep is hard to get in this otherwise beautiful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chrysalis is a beautifully designed, award winning hotel and spa in a stunning waterfront setting. Luxurious guestrooms and suites offer comfortable hospitality with luxurious amenities, designed to enable guests to work or unwind with every comfort and convenience. Cuddle up in a bay view room or suite with cozy window seats, fireplaces and double soaking or whirlpool tubs. Watch the sunset from our restaurant and wine bar, or stroll the boardwalk over the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your The Chrysalis Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chrysalis Inn And Spa
- The Chrysalis Hotel Bellingham
- Chrysalis Hotel