“Friendly and great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese, Cantonese
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Yukon
“Friendly and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were lucky enough to get lost and found this gem. Delicious Pad Thai and the prices were much less then we were used to.
Very busy staff were friendly once we got their attention. Ryan's favorite beer recommendation was great too. Even when it was full off customers and busy staff it was still quiet enough to hear a conversation. We went back for lunch the next day and had another good experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Richmond, Canada
“Good place to go after Costco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you're looking for a great menu with reasonable prices I recommend Asian 1. My wife and I have been there a few times and find it convenient with lots of parking. They have a good drink menu and great Thai food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
remote,OR
“excellent food and take away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I ordered take away from the hostess right as I walk to the restaurant. I went because the pho restaurant next door how ready closed for the evening. The food was excellent I ordered two dishes. One was a Vietnamese grilled chicken salad. The other was a grilled beef dish on brown rice with vegetables. Both were packed well so that I can take them home easily. As needed I was given an extra bowl. This fall is often missing from these kinds of meals where the assumption is you taking it home and you have a bowl that you can mix the ingredients it since the roles that the ingredients they give you come in are too small to permit any mixing. This of course would work if you're taking meals home and you own some bowls. but it doesn't work when you're in a hotel. The restaurant was completely accommodating of this fact. The foods tasted excellent. I go back happily the next time I'm in Bellingham. The cost is low.

Visited March 2014
North Vancouver, Canada
“Continues to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our 4th visit to Asian 1, an we continue to be impressed by the fast and attentive service, the healthfulness of the food, and the overall value. This time we made an effort to order different items. we enjoyed our usual tom kah soup which still tastes home-made, not at all mass-produced. I got the steamed veggies in peanut sauce at heat level 1 (on a range from 0 - 4). Sauce was a bit too sweet for my liking; spice level 2 would have probably been a more balanced flavour. My husband also ordered sides of veggie spring rolls and fries. The spring rolls were tasty, crispy on the outside, and not too greasy.We got chicken fingers and fries for our 3 y.o. Our tab came to about $40 which is great value.

We used to regularly go to one of the Mexican joints in Bellingham, but now we go here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“Pad Se-iew, Sushi, and Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have to say this is the best service in town. Definitely a breath of fresh air in a town where arrogant hipters with handlebar mustaches pass as servers. In combination with the awesome food and the reasonable prices, Asian 1 is my top recommendation for food and drinks in Bellingham!

• Visited December 2013