“Continues to impress” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
North Vancouver, Canada
“Continues to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This was our 4th visit to Asian 1, an we continue to be impressed by the fast and attentive service, the healthfulness of the food, and the overall value. This time we made an effort to order different items. we enjoyed our usual tom kah soup which still tastes home-made, not at all mass-produced. I got the steamed veggies in peanut sauce at heat level 1 (on a range from 0 - 4). Sauce was a bit too sweet for my liking; spice level 2 would have probably been a more balanced flavour. My husband also ordered sides of veggie spring rolls and fries. The spring rolls were tasty, crispy on the outside, and not too greasy.We got chicken fingers and fries for our 3 y.o. Our tab came to about $40 which is great value.

We used to regularly go to one of the Mexican joints in Bellingham, but now we go here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Bellingham, Washington
“Pad Se-iew, Sushi, and Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have to say this is the best service in town. Definitely a breath of fresh air in a town where arrogant hipters with handlebar mustaches pass as servers. In combination with the awesome food and the reasonable prices, Asian 1 is my top recommendation for food and drinks in Bellingham!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“great food, wide array of choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

really enjoyed the food, ordered a mix of Chinese and Thai. No heavy sauces, plenty of veggies, very happy with service.

Visited December 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Great health choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Asia 1 on the Guide is a wonderful place to take family and friends. There are many healthy choices and the appetizer plates are great! Fresh sushi comes in many forms and is priced well. The only thing I would change is the scallops. I had Pad Thai with scallops which was not offered but they gladly did for me. The scallops are not trimmed and the dish would of been perfect if they had been.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Keeping the taste authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I ordered the Crab + Chicken Fried Rice, but could only eat half (too much food). It was so good, just like in Bangkok. Others in our group raved about the Mongolian Beef and the Pad Thai. The Pad Se-iew wasn't so good, but it could have been that the right noodles were unavailable. I should have not ordered a Thai iced coffee, it was impossible to drink. Others liked the Thai iced tea though. I'll go back for sure to thank Rick Phan.

• Visited November 2013