“Never been to Thailand but I love Thai food! Asian 1 never disappoints...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Asian 1

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese, Cantonese
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Never been to Thailand but I love Thai food! Asian 1 never disappoints...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I can't say I'm an expert on Thai food: never been to Asia and I'm sure there are those who are better equipped to comment on subtleties. But I've been loving Thai food for about 20 years since a Thai friend took me to a hole-in-the-wall place in Southern California and I took my first sip of Tom Kha Gai and was hooked on that combo of lemon grass, coconut milk, chili & chicken.

Whenever I'm in Bellingham I get my Thai fix at Thai 1 because it never disappoints. I have only gone there once for dinner -- so I'll just say that the lunch time specials are a great value priced between $8-$10 (just had lunch there today!)

Lunch starts with a cabbage soup (sadly not Tom Kha Gai) that is just OK. Don't let that set your mood. I've had probably half a dozen different dishes there and they were all excellent.

Most lunch time specials include the main course, a nice salad and a side of rice (I usually ask them to serve me 1/2 the rice or I'd never finish it!)

Ingredients are fresh, the portions are generous, and they give you great options (how spicy you want your main dish, brown or white rice, etc). A pot of chili sauce is also provided if you like it crazy hot.

As an added plus, Asian 1 is in a big room with cool bench seating and rough hewn tables. There was a sushi bar, then it was gone, now it's back. Frankly, I don't "get" going to a Thai restaurant for sushi...but it's there if someone in your party wants it -- and I hear it's good!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bellingham, Washington
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've loved everything I've ever ordered at Asian 1. The staff is always super friendly, and the portions are perfect. Their brown rice is great, and they have the best thai tea around. Don't pass on this one

Visited July 2012
“DELICIOUS!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

It is my favorite Thai place in Bellingham! Almost Every time we go to Costco I ask to go here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Wash.
“Great place for Thai food and more...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

As the Bellingham area grows, so does the growth on its restaurant selection. Located close to the Canadian border and its huge greater Vancouver market, Asian1 is just one of Bellingham's list of fine PanPacific style havens. Recently we met with a number of friends at Asian 1 for dinner. Although our group was large and the place was packed with diners, service was fast and friendly. I won't dwell much on individual entrees, except to say that all of us were quite pleased with our orders. My wife chose honey infused jumbo prawns. It was different and delicious. I opted for breaded prawns.Also wonderful. I must add that I had the best Margarita I have ever tasted. All in all it was a delicious experience. We all agreed that Bellingham's Asian1 Restaurant was a place to return to again soon.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine, Washington
“Favorite Restaurant in Bellingham!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

YUM! Asian 1 (formerly known as Pad Thai) has my family's favorite dish: the Honey Glazed Chicken. We ordered multiple plates of it, always hoping to take leftovers home. It is delicious. Portions are pretty good sized and prices are decent, too.

• Visited January 2012