“This is the lowest of the low” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bellingham

You added Motel 6 Bellingham to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 Byron Street, I-5 at Exit 252, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Bellingham
“This is the lowest of the low”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

I have stayed at other Motel 6's so knew what to expect. I was drivng to Vancouver so needed somewhere closer to the border. Everything in Bellingham and Vancouver are very expensive but I remembered this Motel 6. The Room was $60, but since I was arriving after 11pm and leaving by 7am I figured how bad could it be? Well let me tell you. First the check in procedure makes you feel like a criminal. You talk to the barely functioning 'clerk' thru bullet proof glass. He wasn't content to just see my ID, he said he needed me to remove it from the wallet and give it to him. He then proceeded to imput almost everything from the drivers license. I travel for a living and have NEVER had anyone copy all the details off my license. He then proceeded to argue with me that I couldn't have the Senior discount cause even though AARP is honored their definition of SR is different.
As far as the room goes, it was supposed to be non smoking but had an ashtray. The light switches didn't work, there were no drinking cups, no shampoo, no waste can in the bathroom, no shelf in the bathroom. The bath towel is about the size of a washcloth and my favorite? The noise from the adjoininhg highway was deafening. I layed awake till 3 am waited till 6 am then just left. I doubt if I slept at all. Please, Please, Please stay away. It is a cheap price but not if you can't sleep, or have any basic necessities. I appreciate its a basic hotel room, but how much can you eliminate? No kleenex, cups, stopper in the bath, or garbage can. This was the worst one I have EVER stayed in.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — highway noise, lack of amenities
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2005

Stayed here in the summer and only because other nicer hotels were full. Its a step up from sleeping in the car,but just barely.

Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

We went to check in at 6pm, our room was not ready yet. I was told they were short staffed and they were sorry. When we were finally able to check in, I walked into the room and almost fainted. First, I couldnt breathe, I thought for sure I must of gotten a smoking room by mistake. The carpet was so filthy looking I couldnt believe it. Im not talking a few little stains, Im talking like a pack of wet dirty dogs had been tromping around. I immediately went to the desk and asked about the smell and rug. I was told that I had a non-smoking room, and sorry about the carpet, they hadnt had a chance to clean the carpets on the top floor yet. If I hadnt of been with my sons baseball team, we would of left right then and there. We ended up staying 2 nights due to tournaments in town we were committed to. The next day while we were gone, my room was not even touched. Fine I thought, lets just get through this. I went to the front desk and asked for some clean towels, I was told, sorry were out. I told her I would be back in a few hours, she better find some clean towels. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would sleep in my car before I stayed here again.

• Stayed June 2005