“Third time I've stayed here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bellingham

You added Motel 6 Bellingham to your Saves list
Motel 6 Bellingham
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 Byron Street, I-5 at Exit 252, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Socal
“Third time I've stayed here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I like to cycle from the Canadian Border down to Oregon or California for vacation and this motel is always my first stop of the trip. I like Motel 6 for this kind of trip because they're cheap and always have laundry facilities. On the other hand they tend to be near freeways and for some reason they don't provide shampoo.

This motel is the same as any of the other Motel 6's I've stayed at although I'd say if anything it's slightly above average for a Motel 6. The rooms are a bit small and noisy but as I've cycled 60+ miles from the Peace Arch I can still sleep fine. The manager is a very sweet lady. I've never checked out the pool.

This one has a Haggins across the road which is an awesome store. Check it out if you ever stay here. They also used to have a great Papa John's pizza nearby but they went out of business :-(

To summarize: This is not the best motel in the area but it is perfectly adequate for me and I consider it good value. When I'm travelling with family and staying multiple nights I stay at the Days Inn on Meridian.

• Liked — Cheap, clean, laundry
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We just needed a place to stay for one night. I had never stayed at a Motel 6 before, so this was something new for me.

There were absolutely no extras, but the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been recently renovated, and the shower was wonderful.

We arrived too late to use the pool, and it was raining, so we wouldn't have anyways, but it looked clean.

We received 10% off our meal at Ihop the next morning by showing our room receipt, so that was nice. We were also in walking distance to other restaurants, and it was easy to get on and off of I-5. Of course, we were situated right above I-5 so it was pretty noisy, but we were tired, so slept well anyways.

The staff both checking in and out were pleasant and helpful. The rate was extremely reasonable, and for one night it was fine.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — I-5
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
grants pass
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed here because it was affordable and on the way to Vancouver, BC. The hotel was clean. Check-in was easy. However, the noise from the highway side is absolutely horrible! Book a room on the "quiet" side or do not stay here. We could not sleep at all!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

In late July 2007, my husband and I stayed for a week. We chose Motel 6 because it was cheap and closer to the downtown area than some other hotels. I admit that I was a little nervous because we had read some bad online reviews, but I should not have been - our stay was just great. We had requested a room on the other side of the highway, so it was very quiet. The desk staff - Gayle and Janice - were very helpful and the housekeeping was all that anyone could want, including clean white sheets and towels every day, extra toilet paper, soap and cups. The ice machine always had ice - and we needed a lot because we kept a styrofoam cooler in our room all week. The coffee and microwave are in the lobby, not right in the room but free coffee is available every day until 10 a.m. The pool was always warm and clean and they had just spruced up the landscaping. We had a lovely stay. Give the Motel 6 in Bellingham a chance unless you want to spend a lot more for the same thing!

Nancy (West Los Angeles)

• Liked — Great value for the price.
  • Disliked — Phone receiver was a little loud.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

I have stayed at other Motel 6's so knew what to expect. I was drivng to Vancouver so needed somewhere closer to the border. Everything in Bellingham and Vancouver are very expensive but I remembered this Motel 6. The Room was $60, but since I was arriving after 11pm and leaving by 7am I figured how bad could it be? Well let me tell you. First the check in procedure makes you feel like a criminal. You talk to the barely functioning 'clerk' thru bullet proof glass. He wasn't content to just see my ID, he said he needed me to remove it from the wallet and give it to him. He then proceeded to imput almost everything from the drivers license. I travel for a living and have NEVER had anyone copy all the details off my license. He then proceeded to argue with me that I couldn't have the Senior discount cause even though AARP is honored their definition of SR is different.
As far as the room goes, it was supposed to be non smoking but had an ashtray. The light switches didn't work, there were no drinking cups, no shampoo, no waste can in the bathroom, no shelf in the bathroom. The bath towel is about the size of a washcloth and my favorite? The noise from the adjoininhg highway was deafening. I layed awake till 3 am waited till 6 am then just left. I doubt if I slept at all. Please, Please, Please stay away. It is a cheap price but not if you can't sleep, or have any basic necessities. I appreciate its a basic hotel room, but how much can you eliminate? No kleenex, cups, stopper in the bath, or garbage can. This was the worst one I have EVER stayed in.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — highway noise, lack of amenities
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix,AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2005

Stayed here in the summer and only because other nicer hotels were full. Its a step up from sleeping in the car,but just barely.

Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

We went to check in at 6pm, our room was not ready yet. I was told they were short staffed and they were sorry. When we were finally able to check in, I walked into the room and almost fainted. First, I couldnt breathe, I thought for sure I must of gotten a smoking room by mistake. The carpet was so filthy looking I couldnt believe it. Im not talking a few little stains, Im talking like a pack of wet dirty dogs had been tromping around. I immediately went to the desk and asked about the smell and rug. I was told that I had a non-smoking room, and sorry about the carpet, they hadnt had a chance to clean the carpets on the top floor yet. If I hadnt of been with my sons baseball team, we would of left right then and there. We ended up staying 2 nights due to tournaments in town we were committed to. The next day while we were gone, my room was not even touched. Fine I thought, lets just get through this. I went to the front desk and asked for some clean towels, I was told, sorry were out. I told her I would be back in a few hours, she better find some clean towels. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would sleep in my car before I stayed here again.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Motel 6 Bellingham? Share your experiences!