“Revisit after a bad experience” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 388 restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Custer, WA
“Revisit after a bad experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I wrote a review after a very poor experience at this restaurant. The service was so bad we almost walked out as it used up our one hour lunch and had to take the food to go. Things have changed dramatically!!! Service was great, food was awesome. My husband and I shared a Rocket BLT, it was loaded with bacon, avocado, tomatoes, etc. It came with fries that were perfectly cooked, we fought over the last crumbs! Glad to see the service improved, the place was busy at lunch time, and we have eaten here twice more.

Glad to see they got their act together as the food is great, atmosphere is nice, funky Bellingham, and the patio outside will be open once it stops raining here!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Lummi Island, Washington
“Healthy choices for lunch or dinner - Bellingham type vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Loved their lentil soup. Their salads are fresh. It seems like Brandywine is open whenever we are in town and offers a simple casual comfy typical downtown vibe. There were quite a few different options for healthy eating and food allergies/preferences. The prices seems very reasonable. Plenty of seating.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Washington
“A Bellingham MUST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I went here for the first time to try it out and loved it!!! It is a laid back casual atmosphere where you can go with friends or family. The seats are old church benches which i think is a really cool unique touch. You place your order at the counter and then sit down which is fine with me. I came for dinner and ordered the mac and cheese as my entree and it came with a side salad for only $9.25! The Mac and cheese was delicious! It is made with quinoa pasta and has leeks, 3 cheeses and an almond topping. The salad was also very good. It was mixed greens, beets, hazelnuts, radish and I had the rosemary balsamic vinaigrette. YUM! They also serve sandwiches, burgers, fries, large salads, and beer. I can't wait to come back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A great find in downtown Bellingham. Choices for vegans, vegetarians, gluten free etc. etc. We had a wonderful dinner. Tables for 2 or 10 and a huge variety of food, drinks and desserts. Seven of us ate together and tasted each other's dishes. The hamburgers are great, loved the eggplant sandwich, my fish and chips were crisp on the outside and moist on inside. The homemade baked fries are the best. Shared an amazing piece of carrot cake. I'd go back and back if I lived there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
bellingham
“pretty mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

food was bland and did not like queuing up cafeteria style. We went there quite a while back, and were so disappointed that this restaurant has taken the place of our beloved Tivoli.

Visited January 2013