“OK, but I've seen better” 3 of 5 stars

1 Bellwether Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
A TripAdvisor Member
“OK, but I've seen better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2004

I thought I'd treat myself to an upper class hotel experience after completing a sailing trip, and before returning home. I found the desk staff to be a bit cold. One fellow demanded a picture ID, which I've never been asked for until then. Once in the room, I have to agree with others..the rooms are very nice, but the "price tag" on things were a bit off-putting...wanna buy the bedspread? Here's the price. Wanna buy the bathrobe? Here's the price. There were many cautions about stealing something...do I look dishonest? As others have noted, the posted restaurant menu left much to be desired...so I did as others seem to do...and went "next door" for the best meal (at a fair price) that I've had in a long time. A sailing buddy and I tried the breakfast...$9.00 each for coffee and corn flakes seemed a bit excessive. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2004

I have continued to return to the Bellwether since my first visit several years ago.

The rooms are wonderful, the staff is extraordinary and the dining and wine selection in the restaurant are world class.

If you are looking for a great escape or a venue for your next conference, I recommend the Bellwether; you won't be disappointed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2003

Wonderful--the rooms are the best. The furnishings, jacuzzi tub, and comfortable bed. Very friendly staff. We will definately return.

• Stayed February 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2003

We live in Bellingham and my husband surprised me for a romantic night away from the kids. I was very impressed with the hotel. It's definitely one of the nicest hotels in the area, right on the water by the marina. The lobby was beautiful, as was the room. It was very spacious and comfortable. I would have to say the downside was the restaurant. The food is incredibly overpriced for what you get (especially when there are two superior seafood restaurants close by that charge much less for larger portions of better food). We thought we'd have coffee and dessert in the bar afterward and that was equally overpriced and underquality. I would highly recommend the hotel but will never go back to the restaurant again.

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Bellwether

Address: 1 Bellwether Way, Bellingham, WA 98225
Location: United States > Washington > Bellingham
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Bellingham
#4 Family Hotel in Bellingham
#7 Romantic Hotel in Bellingham
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Bellwether is Western Washington’s premier upscale waterfront hotel, providing luxurious accommodations, attentive service, and personalized amenities that pamper the leisure traveler, support the corporate traveler, and facilitate hassle-free meetings and outstanding weddings and events. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Bellwether reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bellwether Hotel Bellingham

If you own or manage Hotel Bellwether, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.