“Views, Sunsets and Islands” 4 of 5 stars

1 Bellwether Way, Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Santa Rosa, CA
“Views, Sunsets and Islands”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This hotel is in a marvelous location just blocks from the village downtown area and on a peninsula so it has sunset views from all the rooms on the harbor side. The rooms on the upper floors have the views. There is underground, secure parking and there is a restaurant on the property. Rooms are beautiful with fireplaces and a bathroom with jetted tub and opening hatch so that you can see the harbor. Rooms have balconies. The downside - sigh - isn't there always a downside is that the service is very slow. In the restaurant it is excruciatingly slow. I sat for an hour before my food arrived. Food is good, not excellent but good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
To roya_7,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We strive to provide the best service, so the Lighthouse Bar & Grill manager and myself appreciate your comments. We are planning to roll out a new menu after Easter so I hope you will give our restaurant another chance. In regards to your comments about the hotel specifically, our views are fantastic, and with the weather getting nicer, those sunsets are breathtaking! I hope we can welcome you back in the future. To make your next booking, check out our website or contact us at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel, lots of character, lots of neat small touches to make you feel at home. I can highly recommend this place. Great staff and service too. Location is perfect and try to get a room with harbor view.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
To Woodlands21,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us this short and sweet review! I am happy to learn that you were able to experience the unique and luxurious stay that we strive to provide for all of our guests. Please contact our friendly front desk staff at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200 to make your next reservation.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Rooms were clean , beds comfy , staff pleasant but for 200.00 + for a off season room I did not not expect to be ankle deep in fetid water whilst taking a 4 minute shower due to a clogged drain immersing me in decades of organisms.

Room Tip: Shower ahead of time
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
To jason e,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. I'm glad the cleanliness, the comfy bed, and the staff met your expectations. As for the rate, there is not much of an "off season" here, we run at a very high occupancy year round. We encourage guests to book early to get the best rates. I am deeply sorry about the issues with the drain. We stick to strict preventative maintenance schedules in order to keep our guestrooms up to the level our guests and we ourselves expect. There is no excuse. Please contact myself directly to discuss this matter more. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back in order to give us another chance. I will make sure that you are put in the best available room at an unbeatable price.

Stockton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were planning to book Hotel Bellwether in July for our small wedding. We wanted to book the lighthouse suite ($500 a night) and so were excited to check out the amenities. We were so disappointed to hear all the noise from the lobby, conversations from neighboring rooms and the jacuzzi tub running above us all night. We booked a family dinner in advance on Saturday evening in a private room. The food was sub-par, undercooked veggies, the meat was tough and dry. On Sunday we went out to run some errands and forgot to remove the privacy notice. When returned at 5pm we were told housekeeping was no longer available. We wouldn't be able to have our room cleaned. ???? What the heck??? This was a "luxury" hotel? Not!

• Stayed February 2014
To Roxanne J,

Thank you for sharing your candid comments. I encourage you to contact myself directly to discuss this matter more. We pride ourselves on making sure each and every guest has the unique and luxurious experience that we are know for. If you are willing, I want the chance to welcome you back so that you too, can have this experience. Contact me directly, and I will make sure that you are given the best available room at the best available rate.

New Westminster, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

There was nothing wrong with the hotel I was just expecting a little more considering the price for the room. The hotel is located outside the of the downtown core and is isolated from the restaurants and bars that Bellingham has to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
To Mark T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. Our rates change depending on our availability. We typically encourage our guests to book well in advance to take advantage of our most recent specials and promotions. We just launched our latest promotion, Spring Special by the Bay. Our water view rooms are as low as $195 per night plus tax, and for those trying to save a few dollars but still enjoy our amenities, we have plaza side rooms at just $169! If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please contact our friendly front desk staff at 360.392.3100 or toll free at 1.877.411.1200.

360.392.3100
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Wow - this hotel in Bellingham is Super Fantastic! The room I had was huge! Fireplace, soaking jet tub, comfortable bed & super clean! Top that off with nice friendly staff members & a beautiful Golden Retriever Dog for a "door man" with a spectacular view - Yep, worth every penny!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
To Ilikefinefood,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Hotel Bellwether. I'm glad you enjoyed some of our in room amenities. We have one of the friendliest front of house staff in town, yes, including a lovely dog named Biscuit. I am excited to welcome you back for another visit in the future! Please take a look at our website or call us directly at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200 to reserve your next stay.

Maple Falls, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I needed a place to get away and relax......I found that at the Bellwether. As soon as I walked into the room, I could feel the warm and relaxing atmosphere. There was an essence of class that made me feel right at home, from the gas fireplace.....king size bed,,,,,,and jetted tub. Most of all, the view from the patio overlooking the marina brought a smile to my face. I live in Bellingham and wanted a place to get away, I found that at the Bellwether. I am eager to return and just let it all go in relaxing peace.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less A.C unit noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
To Vicki D,

Thank you for writing us this phenomenal review! I am excited to welcome you back to our property for another "stay-cation" in the future. A lot of locals love coming here to get away and I am glad you had a relaxing stay. Please contact myself or a friendly front desk agent by calling 360.392.3100 to book your next reservation, or check out our website for specials and promotions.

360.392.3178

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!