“Outstanding Bellingham Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Outstanding Bellingham Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Wow - this hotel in Bellingham is Super Fantastic! The room I had was huge! Fireplace, soaking jet tub, comfortable bed & super clean! Top that off with nice friendly staff members & a beautiful Golden Retriever Dog for a "door man" with a spectacular view - Yep, worth every penny!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
To Ilikefinefood,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Hotel Bellwether. I'm glad you enjoyed some of our in room amenities. We have one of the friendliest front of house staff in town, yes, including a lovely dog named Biscuit. I am excited to welcome you back for another visit in the future! Please take a look at our website or call us directly at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200 to reserve your next stay.

360.392.3178

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Maple Falls, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I needed a place to get away and relax......I found that at the Bellwether. As soon as I walked into the room, I could feel the warm and relaxing atmosphere. There was an essence of class that made me feel right at home, from the gas fireplace.....king size bed,,,,,,and jetted tub. Most of all, the view from the patio overlooking the marina brought a smile to my face. I live in Bellingham and wanted a place to get away, I found that at the Bellwether. I am eager to return and just let it all go in relaxing peace.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less A.C unit noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
To Vicki D,

Thank you for writing us this phenomenal review! I am excited to welcome you back to our property for another "stay-cation" in the future. A lot of locals love coming here to get away and I am glad you had a relaxing stay. Please contact myself or a friendly front desk agent by calling 360.392.3100 to book your next reservation, or check out our website for specials and promotions.

Delta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel and area is in a beautiful area. The hotel is very nice pending where your room is. We paid $250.00 plus tax and we're put on the 3rd floor by the elevator, facing the parking lot. For that kind of money you'd hope for better then that. The idea of staying at this resort is to enjoy the views! The parking lot view can be found at half the price in Bellingham. We stay in Bellingham a lot and this turned out to be very disappointing considering we were so exited to stay at the bellwether.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you on the parking lot
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
To Gary H,

Thank you for expressing your concerns with your most recent stay. Our property offers two different views; Bellingham Bay or Tom Glenn Plaza. I took a look at your reservation and you had booked our last room available only a few days prior to arrival, which was in fact a Studio Plaza. Two things I’d like to point out: 1) The view is in the name, you reserved a Plaza room, and 2) Last room available dictates the price - as our occupancy increases, so does the rate. We always encourage our patrons to book a room facing water –especially our leisure travelers – which is typically only $30 more. We have the Plaza rooms available for those travelers who are looking for a more economical choice, but wish to enjoy all of our luxurious amenities. In your case, you were the last room booked, so you did not have the option of booking on the water. For your next stay, I definitely encourage you to book early. This will help you secure the room type you desire, with the view that you want, at a price that might be closer to what you were expecting to pay. Our website is also a great way to view our latest promotional rates. You can also contact me directly and I will make sure you are put in the best available room at the best available rate.

Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I spent the night in the Owner's Suite at this lovely hotel last night. The room was casually comfortable, with a gas fireplace, huge soaking tub (which we didn't use) and a small balcony looking out at the marina. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, and the hotel itself was quiet at night, making for a great night's sleep.

Our experience with customer service upon checking in was pleasant. The underground parking is a nice ammenity. We will be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: The Owner's Suite (#201) has a nice little balcony overlooking the marina. Nice place to sip th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
To Sherry T,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this outstanding review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our one-of-a-kind Signature Suite, the Owner's Suite. Hopefully on your next visit, you can try another Signature Suite, such as the Lighthouse Suite or the Bellwether Suite. Thank you so much for this glowing recommendation. Please contact myself or our friendly front desk staff at 360.392.3100 or toll free at 1.877.411.1200, in order to book your next stay; or check out our website for our most recent packages and promotions.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during the holidays. They had beautiful themed Christmas trees everywhere you looked. Our room was very large and clean with a fireplace.
The rooms are dated, however, we enjoyed our large room overlooking the water.
The service in the lounge area was very slow....only one person and all the tables were full.
There are 3 or 4 restaurants located on the same property, so that would be very convenient.
We did not try them but they looked busy. All in all, nice hotel. Just very slow service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
To DJMP,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us this review. Your comments regarding the service in the Lighthouse Bar and Grill have been forwarded to the appropriate department heads. You'll be glad to know that we are currently just getting started on renovating all of our guest rooms, so I hope you will come visit us again in the future. Please contact myself or our friendly front desk staff to book your next reservation, at 360.392.3100 or 1.877.411.1200. You can also browse our website for our latest packages and promotions.

Port Townsend, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were charged $400 for one night - and didn't get to stay at the hotel. Our reservation was cancelled online, and we thought we had cancelled successfully. The confirmation said, "You are within our policy timeframe" so we assumed the cancel had occurred. Their policy is that the room must be cancelled 3+ days in advance, & altho we cancelled within 24 hours, we had made the original reservation 3 days ahead. They are thus able to charge the confirmed cancellation customer, and accept another customer asking for the room - because they know customer 1 won't be showing up. The staff insists they are a small business and must charge us anyway. The cancellation occurred in November, and we weren't billed until after Christmas, when we certainly weren't expecting it. We can't recommend this hotel at all. Beware!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
To Dottie N,

I do apologize if our cancellation policy wasn't clear upon your booking, but reservations made within 3 days of arrival are guaranteed and cannot be cancelled due to our 72 hour cancellation policy. If you would like to discuss this matter more in order to find a solution to your concerns, the General Manager of the hotel can be reached at 360.392.3033 or toll free at 1.877.411.1200, ask for Jim Haupt. Our goal is to welcome you back so that you and your husband can have the unique and luxurious experience that we strive to provide to all of our guests, please contact myself directly at the number below to book.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I are moving to the Bellingham area and decided to stay at the Bellwether while searching for a house We were not dissappointed! The hotel was excellent and the staff very friendly during our stay. We were fortunate enough to get a well appointed room overlooking the bay. We enjoyed the view, jetted tub, fire place and king sized bed. We didn't eat at the restuarant during our stay, but have heard wonderful things about the food and view. Be sure to stay at the Bellwether on your next stay in Bellingham!

Room Tip: Ask about upgrading your room to one with a king size bed, jetted tub and fire place.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
To TeamTK12,

Thank you taking the time out of your day to write us this amazing review! We strive to provide unique experiences to all of our guests and I am glad you had a great stay. Thank you for the glowing recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back for a special occasion in future. Please contact myself or our friendly front desk staff to make your next booking at 360.392.3100 or toll free at 1.877.411.1200.

360.392.3178

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!