“Great Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Bellingham
Juneau, Alaska, United States
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have eaten there twice now and both times the Eggs Benedict was fantastic and frankly in-expensive. Those with me had the ham omelette and the Dungeness omelette, and everyone throughly enjoyed their breakfast. Great atmosphere over looking the harbor and watching boats in the morning. The service is friendly and prompt. I stay with my sister but will always have at least one breakfast at the Bellwether when visiting Bellingham, WA.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
To Brad F,

Thank you for reviewing our in house restaurant, the Lighthouse Bar & Grill. Those two items you mentioned are definitely crowd favorites. I'm glad we can welcome you back to eat time and time again. We are looking forward to your next visit!

360.392.3178

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our family's second stay at the Bellwether, and, once again, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. There was a mix up with our reservation and we ended up being booked in a room that could not accommodate our whole family. The kind, helpful and resourceful front desk staff bent over backwards and found the ideal solution for us, even though it was a busy time for the hotel and they were quite booked up. We couldn't have been more impressed and satisfied with how well we were attended to. The hotel is beautiful! The rooms are spacious, very clean, and have comfortable beds. The restaurants in and around the hotel are wonderful. The location is breathtaking. We highly recommend this great venue and tip our hats, with gratitude, to the gracious and helpful staff. We will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: The entire hotel is very quiet, even the ones next to the elevators (you cannot hear the elevators a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
To Angiola D,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Hotel Bellwether. I am so glad to learn that my staff was able to make your stay that much more enjoyable! It is reviews like this that make me proud of my team. We constantly strive to go above and beyond for our guests. We would love to welcome you and your family back again. Please give me a call directly and I will make sure you and your family get a great room at a special rate.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel is not especially pricy but it sure delivers on quality, service, and food. Easy access to waterfront path that takes you for miles. I saw a shark in the water. Good access to excellent restaurants also. Food at hotel is also excellent - so is the "vibe". Very relaxed and festive. Good service all around. Very, very comfortable bed. Plan to come back next month for another stay!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the water
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
To Mrs. Zebra,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us the fantastic review! I am glad to learn you were pleased with our service and our restaurant. You saw a shark in the water!? There was an article in the Bellingham Herald about this. Sadly, the shark did not survive, he was far from home. Check out this link for more info: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2013/08/20/3157617/shark-stranded-in-bellinghams.html. If you are planning on coming back to visit us soon, call me directly and I will see if I can get you into a great room at a special price.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have had the privilege to stay at the Bellwether at least a half dozen times in the last year or so. I've stayed in every room type on both "sides' of the hotel (water view and plaza view). The accommodations are superior. The restaurant and lounge are good values and convenient - and offer live music regularly. In addition to the hotel dining there are at least 3 quality restaurants within an easy walk of the hotel. Sometimes little things create flies in the ointment (like so much frost in the in-room freezer it is unusable); but overall this is probably the best place to stay in Bellingham proper. I highly commend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
To ild,

Thank you for writing us this review! It sounds like you visit us often, and we are glad to have you back again and again. We strive to provide consistent quality and I am pleased that we have return visitors such as yourself. Next time you visit, please phone me directly and I will see if we can provide you with a great room at a special discounted price.

Larkspur, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived for a two night stay in Bellingham to the wonderful jazz band playing in the bar. What a relaxing afternoon enjoying the music and the water setting of the hotel. Our room was quiet, we had a perfect view of the marina and the beds excellent. We had breakfast each morning at the hotel and took a whale watching trip at the suggestion of the hotel staff which was outstanding. My 11 yr old son enjoyed his "parkour" activities around the hotel so we were happy he was so engaged outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1Bellwether, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
To Carrie_clb_111,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us this fantastic review! I am pleased that you enjoyed our Sunday Jazz night. Sunday is also the one day of the week where we have Happy Hour all day in the Lighthouse Bar and Grill! I hope we can welcome you back soon to our comfy beds and beautiful scenery. Call me directly and I can make sure you get a great room at a great rate.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

What I like in this hotel room is the bed. This good bed has a mattress with height and the clean bed sheets make you to sleep deeply with cool air conditioning. During sleepless nights in the summer heat, this is a healing place to stay. A wide open yacht harbor view from hotel front. You can take a seat on the sofa outside the hotel to view the full sunset. It's also quiet when we stayed there.
See my photos, the breakfast restaurant is charming. There are outdoor Jazz performances on Sunday in the summer so you can ask for them at the hotel reception.
It's a convenient place to take both Alaska and Sun Juan ferries in Bellingham. We stayed a night here to head to Mt.Baker.

Room Tip: We didn't stay a seaview room but we were pretty happy without it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
To zwavesNoriko,

Thank you for writing us this great review! I am glad you were able to relax at our property and enjoyed our Sunday Jazz. Other events to keep in mind if you plan to stay again, Wednesday is Ladies Night and Thursday is our Blues, Brews & BBQ. We hope to welcome you back! For a great deal on a room, please contact me directly and I will give you the best available rate.

Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Before booking a new hotel I ususally try to read a couple of reviews, both positive and negative, about the site. Almost everything I read gave glowing reviews about the hotel accomodations but some negative remarks about the customer service. May I just say, "HUH?"

We have the most wonderful experience from top to bottom. The check in was easy and fast. Carlee was our check-in person and she was delightful. We had requested a top floor water-vew, we got it. Upon arriving in the room I noticed we only had one robe, but as I was going to call down and request another, Carlee was calling me to make sure I found the room to my satisfaction. Very nice! When I told her about the missing robe, she personally brought one up within 5 minutes. They were helpful in every possible way. The food at the Lighthouse was great, we had massages at the spa which were heavenly, and all around it was one of the best girls' vacations my daughter and I had ever been on. I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Request a water-view room when you confirm; they do everything they can to get one for you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Jim H, General Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. The staff at the Hotel Bellwether are focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Your comments are appreciated and provide a valuable gauge that their efforts are not going unnoticed! Thank you and we look forward to serving you and family again soon.

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!