“WE WERE SPOILED ROTTEN” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Springfield, Massachusetts
“WE WERE SPOILED ROTTEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Recently -- from June 30 - July 3, 2013 -- we had the privilege of staying at The Bellwether Hotel located on Bellingham Bay. The service, accommodations and food were fantastic. When I booked my reservation from Sarah, who learned I was on military leave, she made every effort to make my stay a complete joy. As the "Voice of the Hotel," Sarah immediately convinced me that The Bellwether was the place for us. Our room had a beautiful view overlooking the inner and outer harbor. At night the view as breathtaking. Our Premier Suite was reasonable, quiet, luxurious and comfortable. (The sound-proofing was excellent.) Sarah (The Concierge) and Mr. Haupt (The Hotel Manager) personally helped us arrange a whale-watching trip, a road trip and maps to Mt. Baker and advice on local restaurants. The Bellwether Hotel features fine dining, ample underground (free) parking and convenient walking distance to local Bellingham attractions. I applaud the management of The Bellwether Hotel -- a rare jewel in the hospitality industry -- for its dedication to service, cleanliness, privacy and affordable luxury.

One thousand thanks.

CDR, James Ragonnet, USN

Room Tip: Select a room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
To James R,

Thank you for writing us this outstanding review! We try our best to provide excellent service, delicious meals, and a luxurious experience, and it appears this is what you received. I hope we can welcome you back in the future. If you were impressed with your Premier Suite, wait until you see our Signature Suites. If you call me directly, I can set you up with a special discount for a great suite.

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed a Sunday and Monday night with a water view room. The room was excellent and the view from our deck of the harbor and the marina was great. Had food and drinks in the bar and had another view of the harbor and the city. My wife I have stayed here twice before and have always had a good experience staying at the Bellwether.

Room Tip: Choose the water view rooms they are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
To sdhman,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us this review! I am glad you enjoy us enough to keep coming back. The view from the waterside rooms and our restaurant are unbeatable. Even on the non-water side, you will get a nice view of the city and/or Tom Glenn Plaza right outside our building. Please contact me at the number below and I will make sure you get a great room at a great rate, we look forward to your next visit.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We usually try for a suite on the harbor side. Been on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Rooms are nicely appointed, beds sleep quite well (my wife does not sleep well most places, but does find the beds quite comfy at the Bellwether). The restaurant has great food and a nice wine menu. The lounge is also great. There is also good eating within walking distance to the hotel. Do walk along, around the harbor to enhance your staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
To kenmosz,

Thank you for writing us the awesome review! I am pleased that enjoy our rooms, restaurant, staff, and our beautiful property. I am excited to welcome you back again, thank you for staying with us when you are in the area. If you would like, I can give you a great room at a special rate if you contact me directly.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had to take a quick trip to Bellingham. I was pleasantly surprised to see this hotel had great rates still available. It's almost Summer! Everything about our one night stay was perfect. The staff was friendly, the room was spotless, the bed was comfortable and it was so quiet we thought we were the only ones there until we saw the parking lot the next morning.
My favorite thing about this hotel, besides the water views, is the spa tub. I never bathe in hotel tubs but make an exception here. The place is spotless and the jetted tub uses air, not recycled water. A small bottle of mineral bath is even provided tub side.

Room Tip: The water views rates are worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
To WAtravelgrl,

Thank you for writing us this great review! I am pleased that you were happy with your recent stay here at the Hotel Bellwether. Our friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and our fantastic views make us one of the top hotels in town. I'm glad you were able to relax during your stay in your jetted tub. We look forward to your next stay, please call me anytime and I can set you up in a great room at a great rate.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Right by the water beside the marina, this elegant hotel is out of place in Bellingham, WA. The rooms facing the water has beautiful views of Puget Sound. The 3rd floor room we had was large and it included a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and a small deck overlooking the water and a marina entrance. There are a few nice restaurants to choose from that are walking distance from the hotel, and there is a paved path to walk/jog right outside the entrance. The staff was very friendly and professional. I would recommend getting a room on the 3rd floor facing the water.

If you are in Bellingham, WA for business or for some other reason, I would definitely recommend staying at this property.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor facing the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
To WTravelerSeattle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Hotel Bellwether. Thank you so much for the recommendation! Almost all of our rooms have a fireplace, jetted tub, and a balcony or patio. Our on site restaurant, the Lighthouse Bar & Grill serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily for those that don't want to travel too far to eat. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a spot! We will return... 5 of 5 on all counts... room was perfect... complimentary bottled water...great view of sound and boat harbor. Caspian Terns were a welcome surprise. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
To Les63,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us this wonderful review! I am glad you had a great stay, do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in town. I will be happy to give you a great room at a great rate. Come back and visit us soon!

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You just can't go wrong with this hotel. We love everything about it. It has a beautiful waterfront location and you can walk to several good restaurants in the plaza. Happy hour at the hotel restaurant provided excellent pricing for appetizers and drinks while enjoying an outstanding view. The beds are oh soooo comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever experienced. The rooms are large and very relaxing especially with the fireplace. We had a plaza view room this time to save some money and were concerned about the noise but we didn't hear a thing. The Bellwether has a very upscale boutique hotel feel. The price is a bit high but during the month of May they were offering a substantial discount of which we were happy to take advantage. It worked out perfectly since we going there to visit our son. It is very easy to check in with the pull up parking at the front door and then you can park your car in their underground secure parking garage for free. We had such an enjoyable stay...we wished we could have stayed longer. I gave the service 4 stars only because our waitress was on her first day and was lacking in checking up on us and offering refills for our ice tea but hey it was her first day so no big deal. Also I had requested a room on the top floor away from the elevators and got a room on the 2nd floor close to the elevator. This ended up not being a problem at all but is why I gave the lower score. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
To Cindy B,

Thank you for writing us this phenomenal review. I hope you will come see again next time you are in the area. We continually run specials so you never know when a great deal will show itself. I am glad you liked the guest room, the restaurant, and the secured parking. I do apologize about the requests we were unable to grant and the new server, my guess is that next time we will be able to better accommodate your requests and hopefully you will have a fully trained server. Next time you visit, call me directly and I can set you up in a nice room at an affordable rate.

360.392.3178

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!