“Gem in Bellingham, WA.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Bellingham
Seattle
“Gem in Bellingham, WA.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Right by the water beside the marina, this elegant hotel is out of place in Bellingham, WA. The rooms facing the water has beautiful views of Puget Sound. The 3rd floor room we had was large and it included a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and a small deck overlooking the water and a marina entrance. There are a few nice restaurants to choose from that are walking distance from the hotel, and there is a paved path to walk/jog right outside the entrance. The staff was very friendly and professional. I would recommend getting a room on the 3rd floor facing the water.

If you are in Bellingham, WA for business or for some other reason, I would definitely recommend staying at this property.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor facing the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
To WTravelerSeattle,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Hotel Bellwether. Thank you so much for the recommendation! Almost all of our rooms have a fireplace, jetted tub, and a balcony or patio. Our on site restaurant, the Lighthouse Bar & Grill serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily for those that don't want to travel too far to eat. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

What a spot! We will return... 5 of 5 on all counts... room was perfect... complimentary bottled water...great view of sound and boat harbor. Caspian Terns were a welcome surprise. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
To Les63,

Thank you for taking a moment to write us this wonderful review! I am glad you had a great stay, do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in town. I will be happy to give you a great room at a great rate. Come back and visit us soon!

Post Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You just can't go wrong with this hotel. We love everything about it. It has a beautiful waterfront location and you can walk to several good restaurants in the plaza. Happy hour at the hotel restaurant provided excellent pricing for appetizers and drinks while enjoying an outstanding view. The beds are oh soooo comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever experienced. The rooms are large and very relaxing especially with the fireplace. We had a plaza view room this time to save some money and were concerned about the noise but we didn't hear a thing. The Bellwether has a very upscale boutique hotel feel. The price is a bit high but during the month of May they were offering a substantial discount of which we were happy to take advantage. It worked out perfectly since we going there to visit our son. It is very easy to check in with the pull up parking at the front door and then you can park your car in their underground secure parking garage for free. We had such an enjoyable stay...we wished we could have stayed longer. I gave the service 4 stars only because our waitress was on her first day and was lacking in checking up on us and offering refills for our ice tea but hey it was her first day so no big deal. Also I had requested a room on the top floor away from the elevators and got a room on the 2nd floor close to the elevator. This ended up not being a problem at all but is why I gave the lower score. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
To Cindy B,

Thank you for writing us this phenomenal review. I hope you will come see again next time you are in the area. We continually run specials so you never know when a great deal will show itself. I am glad you liked the guest room, the restaurant, and the secured parking. I do apologize about the requests we were unable to grant and the new server, my guess is that next time we will be able to better accommodate your requests and hopefully you will have a fully trained server. Next time you visit, call me directly and I can set you up in a nice room at an affordable rate.

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We found this hotel very comfortable, easy to find, accomodating staff and great for walking around the waterfront. Another really good thing is that they allow pets and the walking area is good for them also.

Room Tip: Facing the water of course is best and first floor allows you to walk right out with your pet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
To Virginia D,

Thank you for writing us this fantastic review! I hope we can welcome you and your canine companion back to visit us very soon. If you call me directly, I can make sure to book you a great room at special price.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Smart hotel, friendly service. The food was good. The hotel room was huge. Could not have asked for more. The rooms were extremely well furnished with a four poster bed.

For breakfast I had the west coast omelette and the continental platter. Both were very good.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view and if you are a light sleeper, the train may keep you awake, so take ear plug...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
To George100george,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed the service, the restaurant, and the guest room. I hope you come visit us when you next visit Bellingham. If you would like, I can set up your reservation for you and give you a great rate.

CDA ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a fast trip to Bellingham to take our daughter to the Ferry, so after a long drive and standing in the cold waiting for the ferry we were glad to check into this nice room, with great view! The room was very clean, has nice fireplace that will cooked you out of the room, but still a nice treat! Nice big bath tub that opened up to the bed area, that would be fun, if you wont tired and stuffed from the nice dinner we got at Anthony's Fireside grill next door.☺
Front deck was nice. The only 2 bad things about our stay is, the Internet went down around 8:00 P.M. and was still not up in the am. And the TV system did not seem to be user friendly. But all in all a nice stay, spend the extra few dollars for the water view it's well worth it, the sunset was Great!!!
I almost forgot 2 Bottle of water that were complementary, now that's unheard of and nice surprise! There was also bottles of wine and snack basket that you could purchase.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra money for water view, the sunset is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotBelle, Front Office Manager at Hotel Bellwether, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
To Hgirl_2,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write us this review. I do apologize about the wireless and cable issues. We do provide free wireless internet and we also have a 24/7 Business Center for those that are having trouble connecting to our wireless network. We provide Comcast Digital Cable in every room and our desk staff is happy to help any guest who may be having trouble using the remotes. I am glad you enjoyed the room, with free amenities, and for purchase honor bar, and the fabulous view of the sunset from your private balcony. I hope you come stay with us the next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly to set up your next reservation for a great deal on a great room.

Waipahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the Hotel Bellwether after extensive research on the Bellingham area luxuary hotel scene. My pleasant experience started with the reservation phone call to the Bellwether where I was met with a friendly and helpful attitude during my reservation booking of the amazing Lighthouse Suite.
This same attitude of excellent customer service was in evidence during my entire stay.

I got in very early, far before normal check-in hours and the front desk worked with the friendly hotel housekeeping staff to ensure my suite was ready as quickly as possible; while it was obvious that they were very busy, they made my comfort a priority. I decided to take a walk around the beautiful area while I waited and they quickly verified that they had my cell number so they could call me the moment my room was ready for me. That's outstanding service.

This type of friendly professional service was exhibited in every aspect of the hotel experience. Room service staff from the Lighthouse Bar and Grill were personable and prompt in delivering tasty food; breakfast in particular was extremely delicious.
The Housekeeping staff were all so friendly and prompt in taking care of any requests and they took the time to make sure the room was pristine every day.
At one point, even Jim (GM) showed up with our room service server just to say "Hello" and ensure we were having a good time. Amazing.

The Lighthouse Suite is definitely the crown jewel of this establishment. Three stories, comfortable, well decorated rooms and the view is just amazing. The temperature controls were very comfortable and the accommodations were cozy and enjoyable. I rarely sleep well in unfamiliar places, but I had no trouble in this suite. It was tastefully decorated and very quiet in every room.

With such a beautiful area, absolutely top notch service and an utterly comfortable and unique place to stay, my vacation at the Hotel Bellwether is definitely on my short list of all time favorites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
To John F,

Thank you so much for writing us this outstanding review! We are very glad you had a great stay. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and from what I can tell, that is what you received. Our Signature Lighthouse Suite is definitely our crown jewel, you are correct. The 360 degree view from the top takes your breath away. The separate lighthouse structure provides maximum privacy with a secluded feel. I hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me directly and I can set you up with a great rate for any of our available Executive Rooms or Signature Suites.

360.392.3178

Been to Hotel Bellwether? Share your experiences!