“Budget motel reinventing itself” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lions Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Lions Inn Motel
Save Saved
You added Lions Inn Motel to your Saves list
2419 Elm St., Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Bellingham
Chapala
“Budget motel reinventing itself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you're looking for a luxury spa, keep looking. But, if you need quiet, clean place to stay without paying for a lot of fluff and frills, give the Lions Inn a chance. Yes, it's VERY basic, but they're in process of upgrading what was clearly once a mom-and-pop type of motel. The location is convenient, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the price fair.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I went there in need of a place to stay. I had heard of the reputation of the place but I really didn't have much of a choice, there was nothing else in my price range available. I pulled in after 10 pm and the new owner was there to talk to me. He told me about all the changes going on. It was Saturday night and it was QUIET....used to be when I drove past this place on a Saturday night there were cops or some sort of distractions going on. Not any more. My room was clean, I was right up front but nothing disturbed my sleep. I got to take a long HOT bath in a COMFORTABLE TUB I could stretch out my legs in. I had real bath towels to dry off with, and plenty of them. The rooms are in transition but they are very clean. The new owners are making changes....and I like what I see. If you are in town and need an affordable, clean, quiet place to stay with some of the nicest owners in the hotel/motel business, stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I never got past the reservation.

So here's the thing...I know it's not a four star and I know it's inexpensive but there is such a thing as customer service. All I wanted was to know the process for reserving a room. He was extremely rude. Here is the thing dude...You run a cheap hotel. You're going to deal with unsavory people who are looking for a place to stay. Don't assume that because one person has screwed you over that every will. And frankly, if you can't handle it then get a different job.

This is not a hotel for people visiting or even passing through on vacation. If you are staying here it is because it's the only place you could find while you are currently homeless. Even then, the staff can't even be decent enough to treat people in a bad situation with respect.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was in bellingham for 2 days, lions inn had nice neat rooms, was in good location and great value. the wifi was quite fast compared to other places i have stayed. staff are friendly i had no issues, would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place must have been drastically improved since the previous reviews because I was in awe when I read them. This place is so much better than any motel I've been in. It has a couch and new bedding, clean bathroom, and a small kitchen. It is spacious and has huge windows with new shades. I don't know if all the rooms are a nice as mine, but I would recommend anyone to stay here. Especially for the very reasonable price of $65.00. It's unbelievable. I am not an employee or owner of this place either.

• Stayed January 2013
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed just one night on our way to Whistler. This hotel had decent reviews which I now assume were written by the staff. When we drove in, of course we noticed that this is not the newest hotel in town, no big deal. We got our room (which I paid an extra $10 for the re-modeled room, nothing remodeled about it) and immediately noticed stains on the carpet and what appeared to be food on the floor, not the end of the world but we started to worry. As we looked around we thought we better take a peek at the bed before crawling right in, this is where it got bad. Again, we can deal with outdated exteriors, even dirty carpets (keep socks on if needed). We peeled back the comforter first to find a sheet that was wrinkled and stained, pretty sure it was not washed. We pulled back the sheet to find a fitted sheet that was even worse, large stains and what looked like bread crumbs all around in the bed. I won't disgust you with what we saw on the mattress itself. So we slept in our clothes on top of the comforter for the night. Last but not least, the towels that were left for our morning shower smelled like they were put away wet many times (you know that wet dog smell that towels can get when wet and dirty). Overall, worst overnight stay I have ever experienced. PLEASE, dont make the mistake I did. Pay the extra $$ and go to a "big-name" hotel. I will never be cheap again when it comes to where I rest my head.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice and clean room with cable TV, hot water, refrigerator and microwave. Quiet neighborhood and really close to downtown. There is a store in front to buy whatever you can need (always open).
Good option in Bellingham, WA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lions Inn Motel? Share your experiences!