“Please don't stay here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lions Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bellingham
Lions Inn Motel
You added Lions Inn Motel to your Saves list
2419 Elm St., Bellingham, WA 98225   |
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Bellingham
Bellingham, Washington
“Please don't stay here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I never got past the reservation.

So here's the thing...I know it's not a four star and I know it's inexpensive but there is such a thing as customer service. All I wanted was to know the process for reserving a room. He was extremely rude. Here is the thing dude...You run a cheap hotel. You're going to deal with unsavory people who are looking for a place to stay. Don't assume that because one person has screwed you over that every will. And frankly, if you can't handle it then get a different job.

This is not a hotel for people visiting or even passing through on vacation. If you are staying here it is because it's the only place you could find while you are currently homeless. Even then, the staff can't even be decent enough to treat people in a bad situation with respect.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was in bellingham for 2 days, lions inn had nice neat rooms, was in good location and great value. the wifi was quite fast compared to other places i have stayed. staff are friendly i had no issues, would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place must have been drastically improved since the previous reviews because I was in awe when I read them. This place is so much better than any motel I've been in. It has a couch and new bedding, clean bathroom, and a small kitchen. It is spacious and has huge windows with new shades. I don't know if all the rooms are a nice as mine, but I would recommend anyone to stay here. Especially for the very reasonable price of $65.00. It's unbelievable. I am not an employee or owner of this place either.

• Stayed January 2013
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed just one night on our way to Whistler. This hotel had decent reviews which I now assume were written by the staff. When we drove in, of course we noticed that this is not the newest hotel in town, no big deal. We got our room (which I paid an extra $10 for the re-modeled room, nothing remodeled about it) and immediately noticed stains on the carpet and what appeared to be food on the floor, not the end of the world but we started to worry. As we looked around we thought we better take a peek at the bed before crawling right in, this is where it got bad. Again, we can deal with outdated exteriors, even dirty carpets (keep socks on if needed). We peeled back the comforter first to find a sheet that was wrinkled and stained, pretty sure it was not washed. We pulled back the sheet to find a fitted sheet that was even worse, large stains and what looked like bread crumbs all around in the bed. I won't disgust you with what we saw on the mattress itself. So we slept in our clothes on top of the comforter for the night. Last but not least, the towels that were left for our morning shower smelled like they were put away wet many times (you know that wet dog smell that towels can get when wet and dirty). Overall, worst overnight stay I have ever experienced. PLEASE, dont make the mistake I did. Pay the extra $$ and go to a "big-name" hotel. I will never be cheap again when it comes to where I rest my head.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice and clean room with cable TV, hot water, refrigerator and microwave. Quiet neighborhood and really close to downtown. There is a store in front to buy whatever you can need (always open).
Good option in Bellingham, WA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

A shortage of available hotel rooms on the date we needed led us to take a chance on Lions Inn Motel. We had read the poor reviews on Trip Advisor but also saw some good reviews. From firsthand experience, the poor reviews were spot on. Although we didn't have as terrible an experience as some described, it ranks among the worst places we've stayed. First of all, the sheets were brown (color), didn't fit the bed, and sported holes. They didn't seem fresh and the blanket also was discolored with use or lack of washing. Since the towels smelled clean, we actually spread them on the bed to sleep! One mattress was grungy and discolored but the other was newer, though very uncomfortable--so cheap you could feel the springs. There was an extension cord running across the room, covered by a little mat. Upgrades included a big flat screen TV (we didn't use it) and a reasonably clean kitchette area with a table. The bathroom was worn with mildew visible in the tub but the shower worked okay. I did not find the manager friendly--he had an edge. We had tried to call several times to tell him about a late check-in but he didn't answer the phone (this was at 10:30 and 11:00 am) so we drove by. The office was locked and no one seemed to be around. When we finally reached him, he said that of course he didn't care if we came late since many people arrive late from the airport. We were trying to be courteous and weren't feeling confident that we'd even get in since he doesn't answer the phone regularly. Don't believe it if the message says he's on the phone or serving another customer. He wasn't in the office. I think the hotel is a work in progress and he is trying to renovate a worn-out property. Until it gets a lot better, I wouldn't advise staying there! Customers should also be advised that this is a dog-friendly property and that may account for some of the damage in the rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place is horrible. Cleanliness is not a priority to The Lions Inn. Our room smelled and was so dirty we couldn't even take our flip flops off! Completely outdated and gross. My husband and I were there for 10 minutes, only long enough to grap a phone book and book another hotel! We were so disgusted with our room that we debated staying in our car!

Room Tip: Just don't book here!!